Concerns RE: Inaccurate Hometown Address by Mistake
I was doing my profile set-up on Opera GX, using my phone. Once I saved the changes, the displayed hometown address was inaccurate; nearby but not that near. Worse yet, it wasn't possible for me to know that I had tapped somewhere inaccurate until after saving changes... Of course, when it becomes permanent.
- Why is there apparently no way to fix mistakes like that?
- Why is this designed kind of awkwardly on mobile? (Niantic makes mobile games, right..?)
Factors In Play:
- used a phone - tapping is intuitive to mobile users, as opposed to selecting the search function.
- no indicators or text to display the address that was tapped on.
- once saved, cannot be changed again.
- Add a time-limit (i.e. 30 mins) that enables all users to correct wrong addresses after saving. When the time limit is up, the last address selected becomes officially permanent.
- Add indicators/brief instructions to inform users to search their address instead of tapping/clicking on the map locator.
- Access to customer support for the ability to correct permanent mistakes like this.