Pokestop Nomination should be open at level 20

As we all know the previous level requirement for pokestop Nomination was level 38 which was upgraded to level 37. I started to play Pokemon go a long time ago almost a year ago. I found it very hard to complete each level after level 20. Because the required xp was way too much because there was no pokestop near or even at a very distance in my area. Luckily I went to a different city for study and then i played Pokemon go. But my point is that nomination is a function that helps players to build a way spot to play Pokemon go or ingress. If players cant use this feature early on then whats the benefit of it. A lot of new players are leaving Pokemon go and ingress because of the lack of ways pot. So I think level 20 is a sweet spot for unlocking nomination feature. It is not extremely hard and also not very easy as well. So Niantic please think about this topic.

Comments

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the problem is that there are no pokestops around, maybe it would be better to open it at level 1, so the people that don't have any pokestop at hand can request them right from the start. /s

• 26thDoctor-PGO26thDoctor-PGO Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any idea of the thinking behind moving it from 38-37? It's 2mish xp difference. It seems a bit random to me.

• dustinyeeaah-PGOdustinyeeaah-PGO Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭✭

If Niantic ever decides to lower the level required to submit Wayspots again, they should implement some kind of mechanism that you have to review when you want to nominate stuff. Maybe don't give them 40 available nominations right from the start, instead give them like 5 max and each time they review 20 nominations they get one more, which increases the max amount of nominations available till they reach 40.

• JillJilyJabadoo-PGOJillJilyJabadoo-PGO Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the idea, but I would make it every time they get 20 agreements. Not that Niantic would ever do that.

• Ribky-PGORibky-PGO Posts: 16 ✭✭

That's a terrifying idea. You can get to level 20 in a day if you try hard. I agree with the current level restriction, as playing for a while gives you a good feel for what should and shouldn't be a pokestop. Think of all the bedroom walls we'd be reviewing from day 1 players.

• NastyNags69-PGONastyNags69-PGO Posts: 31 ✭✭

I'm a very rural players and finally hit lvl 37 on PoGo and have been **** out new wayspots in my area. Don't give up, you'll get to 37. I made a Facebook group for my local area to help facilitate local play. I'd recommend doing that and maybe you'll find a high lvl player to start submitting stops. Best of luck

• tp235-INGtp235-ING Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is already too low.

Originally, just as OPR started with A16 only in Ingress, Pokémon GO should have started with Wayfarer reviews only from TL50 after the level gap was released.

Then once they learned to review, starting nominations would have been a better outcome.

Personally, TL44 and above is a safe bet.

Ingress has already dropped too far and I personally feel that the level should not have been lower than A13.

• flatmatt-PGOflatmatt-PGO Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭✭✭

Levels above 40 are largely meaningless, mechanics-wise. Locking this one specific feature behind them would be unnecessarily punitive.

Signed, a level 43 trainer who has enough XP to reach level 44 but can't yet be bothered to put in the effort to complete the required PvP tasks.

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,486 Ambassador

Level in Pokémon go is no reflection of the players ability to play PoGo or wayfarer.

I am level 43. But levels don’t motivate me and I’m not prepared to jump through hoops that I don’t like to get to the next level. I have more than enough XP for level 50. So although I choose to continue with Ingress I wouldn’t meet the requirements you think might help.

So levels in any game are a token gesture and probably don’t put off multiaccounters.

• Stentorious-PGOStentorious-PGO Posts: 50 ✭✭

I prefer to have the level cap raised to 42. Getting to 20 is a joke and anyone who actually want to play pogo wouldn’t even notice a challenge in leveling till at least 30. Even then just go online make friends and send gifts even if it’s just the free gifts your buddy gives you the exp will come quick and at low levels the game gives you a bunch of eggs.

• tp235-INGtp235-ING Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022

Experiencing different styles of play helps to understand the purpose of the game content.

A few years ago, we saw Pokémon trainers who had no understanding of the original purpose of Ingress and played with reluctance, but after they reached level 12, they were never seen again, and instead, new low-quality wayspots appeared around their activities.

And the fact is that this phenomenon is increasing in Pokémon GO the lower the level is lowered.

However, of course, there are players who do not understand the purpose of wayfarer, even after many recursions in A16 and even top GBL players in TL50.

But a certain player level above a certain level as a minimum filtering is helpful.

• flatmatt-PGOflatmatt-PGO Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't disagree with any of that; I only disagree with the particular level you've chosen. 40 is fine to me, and I don't think it should go much below 40. But anything above 40 seems unnecessary.

• rufoushumming-PGOrufoushumming-PGO Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

The original premise was I live in a remote place getting to X to do Y is hard. Australia is a big place for instance. It is not hard to be far from much.

I like the question though as it does raise the whole community thing. How we can work together. With the old XP gyms I met local people, they created a Whatsapp group and now we co-ordinate a bunch of activities. Including getting them to nominate things in my area as I was the wrong level. But that is hard in smaller places.

I think facebook groups, looking for the right people. You can even extend that out to getting things to nominate. Working with community groups, councils to help get features is cool. even just a graffiti wall. There are multiple levers. I know people who create mini free libraries. Created their own walk groups to exercise and play. There are a host of things to do. But it takes a bit of effort and maybe extra to find what is right for you.

To everyone on moving the level for nomination. If you move any level you have to consider the downstream and upstream impacts. More nominations means more reviews. Many a suspicion is held that reviewing quality is on a downward spiral. There are many things to fix around that area. Sigh. I would be fixing that side first.

Personally 40 works. Reality is - any decision is going to impact someone ;-) But yeah 40 works. Part of the joy of the game was working to that goal.

@HankWolfman-PGO made a great point that the game has many ways you can use it to max your levels up. Learn the game . Don't ask me for tips though. I just play.

• ProjectK2-PGOProjectK2-PGO Posts: 58 ✭✭✭

I disagree with dropping to level 20.

I even disagreed when it was dropped to level 38 and now 37.

Reaching level 20 is not difficult at all. Anyone can reach it in just a well-spent day by playing Pokémon Go in a city.

Even the more rural players can reach that in just a few days with the help of the friend list.

The quality of the nominations has dropped since Niantic reduced the level required. I can't imagine the horror of the nominations if they were reduced to level 20.

I don't understand why Niantic is trying to make the quality drop with Pokémon Go, but retaining the requirement of being a player with a very high level in Ingress in order to submit and edit portals.

• Luchardo-PGOLuchardo-PGO Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited October 2022

@MAAZIZ100-PGO I’m unsure if it’s frowned upon, but another way to level if you’re very isolated is doing remote raids through friend groups. (Unless there’s a reason that wouldn’t work)

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ProjectK2-PGO

I don't understand why Niantic is trying to make the quality drop with Pokémon Go, but retaining the requirement of being a player with a very high level in Ingress in order to submit and edit portals.

Some kind of code update introduced a bug that disallowed Level 38 to take the quiz. So rather than fixing the code, they changed the minimum to 37.