Can murals and paintings inside a Walmart be a Pokèstop?

I’m new to creating and reviewing Pokéstops, and I know that places like Walmart can not be a pokèstop but what about a mural inside of Walmart. Can a painting of a famous and historical figure like Sam Walton be a Pokèstop? Just curious on why other abundant and popular stores can have Pokèstops but a mural inside Walmart can’t.

Comments

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

What other abundant and popular stores are you on about out of curiosity?

Murals and art inside buildings can be acceptable, so long as they're unique and permanent displays. It can be difficult to get indoor wayspots approved. A good supporting image and a photosphere at the location can help with this, but some reviewers will always be wary of indoor nominations, especially those at generic businesses. So assuming that it is a unique and permanent mural, which should make it acceptable, you may still struggle with the submission anyway.

You're always welcome to post in Nomination Improvement with pictures of your submission and what you plan on putting as the text for it, even if you've yet to make the submission. You could get some pointers to help you fine tune the nomination for when you eventually do submit it.

• JnlWaller-PGOJnlWaller-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭

Thank you all for replying! The painting of Sam Walton makes sense but would a remembrance wall of names that have workers of Walmart that have passed be acceptable or would that be too sensitive? However, looking back it was most likely the pictures I provided that would make it an ineligible pokèstop. I appreciate the guidance and explanations you all have provided.

• JillJilyJabadoo-PGOJillJilyJabadoo-PGO Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭✭✭

For memorials, like memorial benches, they are supposed to only be accepted for notable members of the community. I think you'd have a hard time with just a list of employee names.

• Janetx68-PGOJanetx68-PGO Posts: 29 ✭✭

I reviewed a mural at a Walmart once. From what I could tell, it genuinely was a mural produced for that store, not a mass produced wall decal, so it got at least once recommendation.