Accepted nomination does not appear in ingress or pokemon go

A few days ago i had a nomination being accepted. By the cell rules it should have appeared in ingress but it didn't. Does not appear in ingress, pokemon go or even iitc (which is the software i use to check cells). I know that accepted pois take some time to appear in the game but another poi which got accepted days after already synced so i don't think that's the case.

I thought that maybe someone moved it during review and it got in the radius of another portal. But upon resubmission, when other players are reviewing it it is showing in wayfarer and therefore it will be marked as duplicate when in reality it does not exist!

Anyone ever had a similar issue and knows a solution for it? I asked other submitters and they said that it happens occasionally and there is nothing i can do about it.

Comments

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,483 Ambassador

The fact that it is showing as a duplicate shows that it does exist in the lightship database.

What has happened is that it is not meeting the rules the different games have in selecting from the database.

Both PoGo and Ingress apply these independently.

Since you are aware of the rules and are sure that the pin was in a separate cell, the likelihood is that it was moved from what you submitted. The move has taken it out of the cell, so not showing in PoGo. It has also moved it to within 20m of a Wayspot in an occupied cell and therefore will not be selected for Ingress. It will remain in the database and available to be used by any game that applies a different set of rules in selecting what to use.

If it was moved it would have taken a few people to make the change. So it sounds as though the position might be debatable. This might make any appeal very difficult to prove. If others are seeing it listed in the duplicate check, can you get a clearer picture of what the location is. I don’t submit via poGo but if you are at the location and open up the submission process I understand it should show nearby.

At the moment there is no way to make alterations to these points as the appeal route is via games. I am not aware if using the location edit appeals forum has success in these cases.

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,127 Ambassador

It is possible for them not to appear in any (current) game as they go into the Lightship database firstly and then out to the other games if they meet the inclusion rules.

If they don’t meet any, they stay in the “pantry” for future games to come and choose from.

For Wayfarer it is in the “pantry” of available Wayspots but it’s just not been selected. Your new Wayspot is that packet of muesli that was purchased (accepted by the community) with the intention of eating but every time you (as Ingress/Pokémon GO) open the pantry, you end up grabbing the Coco Pops (a Wayspot already in Ingress/Pokémon GO) as you think the muesli won’t sit well with you (won’t meet your inclusion rules).

However, you get a new lodger (let’s say Marvel World of Heroes) and it turns out they love muesli. It’s all they eat for breakfast. So they snap it up and eat it (include it in their game). You’re (Wayfarer) happy as the muesli is being eaten.

(I may have lost this part way through but hopefully you get the point)

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

From August 13-Sept 2 there was a sync hole between Lightship and Ingress, so new wayspots didn't sync to the portal network.

• It's believed that Ingress stopped synching in preparation for the Munich anomoly, and afterward when they resumed, they only picked up going forward - IOW, didn't pick up portals approved in those days it was turned off.
    • It MIGHT be related to the year+ old bug of Ingress pictures not synching - they did something for the anomoly that kicked portal sync into the broken photo sync code. Then switched it back.

Wayfarer and Ingress are aware, but we've had no other communication about it.

You make your portal sound more recent than that. Start a new bug thread, or add to those.

The only known cure is to like the picture in PoGo - that'll force the photo (or new picture) across to Ingress. But if it doesn't even appear in PoGo, you'll have to wait until it's fixed. You can speed that along by making sure Niantic doesn't forget about it.