How can I check if there is a duplicate in another game?

I recently submitted a location in Pokémon Go and it was declined as a duplicate. In Go the only pokestop nearby is an invalid, different statue that was moved years ago and I flagged it as removed. When I submitted in-game from the actual location it didn't warn me about anything else there.

My submission came back as a duplicate. I was wondering if there is any way to look at the Wayfarer map before submitting, or even afterward, I'm curious what it thinks is there.

It's not surprising someone else submitted it--it is a major piece of sculpture--but I wouldn't have wasted my time if I had been able to tell it was in the database already.

How do I check to see if the way point exists already, or update an existing one?

Comments

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you have an Ingress account, you can use the intel map. It doesn't show you all the wayspots in the Lightship database, but it does show a lot of them, including this one (albeit they have it titled as Bending Light). I'll link to it, but you need an Ingress account to be able to view the link.

You should be able to see existing wayspots on the map when you're placing the pin for your submission, assuming you're physically stood where you're submitting (it shows all wayspots within around 100 metres of your physical location, so if you were further away than that you might not have been able to see it), with blue Pokéstop icons representing things that are in Pokémon Go and orange Wayfarer pins representing things that aren't in Pokémon Go. This feature can be toggled off at the top corner of the map though, so maybe you accidentally had it disabled?

Looking at the map, if this isn't appearing in Pokémon Go it's because the level 17 S2 cell is already occupied by "Enter to Grow in Wisdom".

• Voxafgn-PGOVoxafgn-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭

I don't have an Ingress account, but it's possible the other map pins were toggled off. I'll make sure to check that when I do another submission.

Thanks for the help!

• 3TP3-PGO3TP3-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have the same question. I checked Ingress before I made my submission and it wasn’t there. But my nomination came back as Duplicate.

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭✭✭

Read my reply to the question, it'll help.

Pokémon Go has a function that lets you see all wayspots (including those not in any games) so long as they're within around 100 metres of your psychical location whilst making your wayspot submission. If you see that what you're trying to nominate is already on that map, then you can back out and not use the submission.

It's not so useful if you're submitting from a distance, as it only shows stuff around your current location, but as you have to physically go to what you're wanting to submit to take the photos, you can always check the submission map in game whilst you are getting your photos.

• 3TP3-PGO3TP3-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭

Thank you for the great information! For some reason I can only see original posts on my phone so I didn’t see your reply to the original post. Actually, I couldn’t see your reply to me on my phone either, I had to wait until I could get to a desktop to read it.

In my case, it was my very first submission. I’ve been reviewing for a while now and finally did one myself. I looked through Ingress and it wasn’t in the game so I thought I was good to go! I didn’t pay attention to the other points when I dropped the pin when I was nominating it in Pokemon Go. If I had, I would have seen that it was already there.