Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

What makes a church eligible?

Hi there.

I would like to know to what extent a church is eligible, apart from any PRP, school/K-12 related issues. I ask this, because this morning a friend's nomination was rejected. Here is the photo of it.

As you all can see, it is still under construction, and is not part of any private residence nor hosts any school or the like. It shows the place where the people of the community gather to worship. The photo also shows a sign with the name of the of congregation and church written on it on the upper left side. NIA has stated that churches are eligible since they're "A nod to the spiritual". In our country, many church buildings are former private residences. Their former owners sell them to the congregations. That's why these churches sit among private residences. What could wrong with this nomination? What criteria might it not meet? Any light on this would be appreciated as it will improve future nominations.

Thank you in advance.

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• Aredyl-PGOAredyl-PGO Posts: 8 ✭✭

I would consider this ineligible on only one factor: Its still under construction and is possibly unsafe.

Once it's complete, I would consider it a 5* nomination unless something else disqualifies it (such as walking through private property to access the church or being too close to a k-12 school). There are quite a few churches/mosques/temples in my area that sit near residential districts (with a few that were private residences) that have a POI far enough away to not disturb the private residences.

• SoulKing95-PGOSoulKing95-PGO Posts: 43 ✭✭✭
    1. As stated above, it is still under construction and people could question it's existence
    2. If your nomination rejected because it use a residential building, try submitting the sign only. As for supporting info you could take the building with the sign in view. Make sure it's listed as public worship place in Google Maps too.
  • Hi folks,

This has been said by a few people already but happy to chime in here as well to reinforce: it's likely that this was rejected because it doesn't look like...anything at present. I understand from your post that the church itself is still under construction so the outcome might be very different once the structure has been finished, but as it is (and with the current photo) it is not clearly anything beyond just a room.

Until the construction has finished, I do recommend what others have suggested, submitting the church sign in the meantime, could be a better nomination.

I say this with the understanding that the construction isn't obstructing pedestrian access nor is it unsafe.