Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Nominations stuck in queue

All of my 12 nominations have been stuck in the queue for almost two months now.

Tagged:
11 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• The26thDoctor-PGOThe26thDoctor-PGO Posts: 4,675 ✭✭✭✭✭

The time frame for something being submitted to going into voting to being decided upon can vary massively from 1 week to 2 years .

Technically it's not a bug but working as intended. Unfortunately due to lack of reviewers and a lack of interest in Wayfarer 'working as intended' might as well be 'a bit of a #*!#ing mess.'

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

My oldest in queue is ten months. Even unupgraded, that's ridiculous..

• jeapmaroon-PGOjeapmaroon-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭

Same, this voting thing is not working properly been on the voting stages for months

• Mernie9-INGMernie9-ING Posts: 42 ✭✭✭

I have quite a few over 2 years that have never moved into voting. And also ones that have been in voting for over a year. No one seems to care. (Echo, echo, echo ...)

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

The queueing system has been like this since OPR began in spring of 2017, continued when Wayfarer was created to replace OPR. After this long, we have to assume it's on purpose.

If you live within 25 miles of a big city (cluster with many hundreds of wayspots), consider 60 days wait time as speedy quick, and don't be surprised by a year plus. History shows that Niantic doesn't really want your nominations. They think suburbians will take the hour or so trip into their big city to play a Niantic game (big city = bad traffic).

Niantic does not mind if this upsets and alienates droves of Contributors. Otherwise, sometime in the past five years, they would have offered an apology and tried to fix the queueing. It seems that they prefer to lose the long-time Contributors, and rely on new Contributors instead.

• 000GreenBttm18-PGO000GreenBttm18-PGO Posts: 58 ✭✭✭

Completely normal.

Your nominations may be in the same cell as, or share a cell wall with another nomination that's currently in voting.

I've noticed when i submit clusters in the same area, the ones that move into voting can only touch other cells with POIs in voting at cell corners.

If the cells share a cell wall (or a cell itself), they remain in the queue until a decision has been made on the nearby POI. Usually takes a day or two after the nearby POI has been decided — but that process can take months.

• mortuus-INGmortuus-ING Posts: 213 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022

Broken system, i wait also on que upgraded almost 10 months... this is pointless as upgrades dont seem to change anything

better system would be to stop new submissions if the que is that long within the cell otherwise whats the point send something if its gonna be stuck in que for 1 or 2 years before even get to voting ?