Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Pedestrian bridge accepts that it not in Ingress

I placed an order for a Waystop from the pedestrian bridge of Ereira which was accepts on the Wayfarer and which is visible in Pokemon Go but it is not visible in Ingress. Close to the location of the pedestrian bridge of Ereira there is, for example, the washing tank of Ereira.

Coordinates:

Pedestrian bridge of Ereira: 40.149278, -8.713531

Washing tank of Ereira: 40.149306,-8.713735

0 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm going to reply to this post, but please apply my reply to all of your posts in this section of the forum.

When you make a nomination, you're submitting a wayspot for the Niantic Lightship database. If accepted, it gets added to the database immediately, and then it may or may not sync into Niantic's games from there (your acceptance email states this).

Each game has a proximity rule that determines whether a new wayspot is eligible to appear in that game. In Ingress, a new wayspot needs to be at least 20 metres from an existing Portal in order to be able to appear. In Pokémon Go, a wayspot needs to be in a level 17 S2 cell that doesn't already contain a Pokéstop or Gym in order to appear.

I noticed that all of your nominations you've posted about are fairly close to other existing wayspots, so this is probably why they've not appeared in game.

In the case of the Font, it may already exist in the database but not be visible in any games due to it being too close, which could be why it was marked as a duplicate even though you weren't able to see it. When you submit a new wayspot in Pokémon Go, if you're physically stood at the location of your nomination, you can see any existing wayspots on the map where you choose the location for your nomination. Any that are in Pokémon Go show up as blue Pokéstop icons, and any that aren't in Pokémon Go show up as orange Wayfarer icons. You can use this to see if a potential nomination already exists. It only works within around 100 metres of where you're physically stood though.

• 007Georgeee-PGO007Georgeee-PGO Posts: 8 ✭✭

@HankWolfman-PGO So is it normal to have a Wayspot visible in Pokémon Go that is not visible in Ingress? I thought it could only happen the opposite: Wayspots visible in Ingress that are not visible in Pokémon Go. I still don't understand the font situation, as you mentioned. I made the nomination of the font at a distance, but before I checked in Ingress if the font was already in Ingress or not. Since I saw that the font wasn't visible in Ingress and Pokémon Go, I nominated the font Wayspot in a free level 17 S2 cell and a little farther away from the clothes washing tanks, but without moving the Wayspot's location too far from the actual location of the font. How was my font nomination considered to be duplicated if it is not visible in Ingress (because it is less than 20 meters from the clothes washing tanks) and in Pokémon Go, since I nominated it in a free level 17 S2 cell?

• SleepyzzCat-INGSleepyzzCat-ING Posts: 37 ✭✭✭

Now, Lightship is the database. Not Ingress.

So, a wayspot may be present in both PoGo and Ingress, or be present in Ingress only, or be in PoGo only or in be Lightship only (neither present in Ingress nor PoGo) depending on the proximity rules of each game.

As mentioned, if you are within approx 100m and submitting via PoGo, you can see wayspots not in PoGo (either Ingress only or Lightship only wayspots) as orange wayfarer location icons. But you have to be at location. This feature does not work if you are submitting remotely. Unfortunately, this functionality to see Lightship only wayspots is not available in Ingress yet even if submitting at location.

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022

Yes. Niantic doesn't care if people-who-nominate are confused and frustrated. We are a dime a dozen. Not worth the trouble of writing an explanation. Especially when other unpaid Wayfarers will explain it for free.

Post edited by MargariteDVille-ING on
  • Hi @007Georgeee-PGO, this is working as intended. Each game has their own set of criteria for this step, so some nominations may be accepted into one game but not another. The most common reason that an eligible nomination is not added to Ingress Prime is because the nomination is too close to the existing Portals. If an existing game location is removed or the criteria changes, the Wayspot may appear at a later time.

Thanks,