Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Rating dropped

heavenleygh-PGOheavenleygh-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited October 2022 in Report a Bug

My rating drop from great to poor in a matter of days and I don't know why. I review following the rules what can I do?

Tagged:
3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Hey @heavenleygh-PGO,

Wayfarer rating is based on the number of agreements and disagreements. Here are a few tips to help you review more effectively and maintain your performance rating:

- Follow the criteria while reviewing nominations, we recommend keeping the eligible and ineligible criteria pages open in a different browser tab for easy access.

- Take your time and review each segment on its own merit. Read this article for tips on how to review each section: https://wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/help#reviewing-a-wayspot-nomination

- Avoid using third party tools/plugins or depending on others to decide on how you vote on a nomination.

Best,

• Kruddel-PGOKruddel-PGO Posts: 26 ✭✭

Just chiming in to say the opaque nature of rating means it doesn't function as any sort of motivator. I have no idea why it goes up and down and so I have no obvious agency in trying to make it go/stay up and therefore I ignore it.

If we were told exactly how and why it's calculated then we'd understand what the change means and we'd be able to critically assess our recent reviewing. If this were perhaps alongside an archive of last 100 reviews or whatever, with the decisions we'd be able to see what we got right or wrong.

I recently did some reviews after a bit of a hiatus. I reviewed around 20 subs. Dropped straight away from Great to Good. A day later I dropped to poor without reviewing any more. Then a few days later I had more new acceptances than those 20, I.e. old reviews working through, plus presumably a fair proportion of the new ones. And my rating was still poor.

How can I be expected to treat a system seriously where I objectively improve my stats but get worst?!

• DEMARTIN0-PGODEMARTIN0-PGO Posts: 376 ✭✭✭✭

My rating dropped from great earlier in the week and then good, poor and I was just put on cool down and now my rating does not even show. ****? I have been getting put on cool down about every 7-10 reviews all week. I consider myself very knowledgeable and keep up to date on any eligible/not eligible changes. I have reviewed over 50k noms and have dropped to good 2-3 times for less than a day each timed that was years ago. I am use to reviewing over 50 per session with no cool down and last time I was put on cool down before this week had to be over 4-5 months ago and it was 2hrs. Something is up. Has to be some kind of bug. I know how to review and do not need a lecture from someone. Need this fixed. I do not care if ratings are not a big deal. It bothers me is all haha.

• THEROOKlE-PGOTHEROOKlE-PGO Posts: 41 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
  • DEMARTIN0-PGODEMARTIN0-PGO Posts: 376 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022

Guess the main reason I am so upset is this is costing me upgrades. I am use to 1-2 daily and I have received one all week. I have 100ish in queue/voting and they are backing up quick with no upgrades. This is very frustrating and I am on the verge of taking a very long break from reviewing. This is not worth the frustration.

• CarlangasI978-INGCarlangasI978-ING Posts: 58 ✭✭

@NianticAaron the problem is that the vast majority of reviewers coming from pokemon go generally vote 4 to 5 stars on many nominees without even considering the criteria and as a consequence the reviewers who vote according to the criteria suddenly lower their reputation

• claireymc-INGclaireymc-ING Posts: 15 ✭✭

I have referred to this thread at: https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/38600/review-quality-should-matter#latest

Hopefully we will get further clarification from Niantic