Is this not acceptable?

Hello this has been denied for residential a few times I don’t understand why nothing about the signs give me any reason to understand how this keeps getting my rejected?

Comments

• Stentorious-PGOStentorious-PGO Posts: 50 ✭✭

If I’m way off here and it’s not a great place to exercise, I can take it but I’m surprised no one wants to weigh in good or bad on this one?

• 29andCounting-PGO29andCounting-PGO Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

You got “private residential”. That’s just reviewers not understanding. Is it a business in an apartment complex? That’s what it looks like. You also got “other rejection criteria” which means reviewers didn’t think it meets criteria. Many reviewers, even on this forum, do not believe that commercial gyms, karate, yoga, etc. meet criteria. Of course, there are others that disagree. Obviously try to play up the exercise and socialize aspect of the nomination and give it another try.

Yeah I’m not sure the parking area says business, the three businesses in the building says business. The fact that it is on main surrounded by businesses just left me thinking it’s not going to get repeat residential rejection reasons on three attempts. I will give it one more shot on a upgrade since three normal voting results were a bust. If places like gyms, yoga, dojo don’t meet I’m fine with that honestly. I just have not seen those as not acceptable. If this place had bad reviews or was not welcoming maybe I’d see why it would be rejected. I’ll try and add supporting info about the free yoga days I’ve seen in the past I think there was just one last weekend. But with so many views honestly I kind of expected to see some people weigh in and say yes yoga studios that are favorite local places or special are acceptable or even say these are just not a “great” place to exercise. The lack of response is actually shocking cause this community is usually very willing to share their opinions.

• Purptacular-PGOPurptacular-PGO Posts: 284 ✭✭✭✭

I consider exercise-oriented businesses such as these to be potentially eligible, but I want them to be special, unique, or stand out in some way.

I don't see that from your submission photos. I see a pretty bland sign out front, and a door for I guess what must be this business in some shared retail building. None of that shows me impressive, unique, or special. Streetview shows a house-like building at the back of a parking lot, which also does nothing to showcase your nomination.

I suggest both a supporting photo and a photosphere showing the inside of the business. That may not be enough, but it will certainly improve your chances of convincing reviewers that this is a great place to exercise, explore, or be social with others.

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't mention 5 year olds. "All levels" and "all ages" covers it fine without mentioning kindergarteners specifically.

Why does the title say "Loft"? You could give a sentence that makes it sound unique and comfortable - and it would also BTW explain why the picture is difficult.

I still don't give it great odds, but better odds with better wording.

• Patjakker-INGPatjakker-ING Posts: 9 ✭✭

Charlie Sheen used to visit this "Yoga loft"

Haha I decided there wasn’t enough community support to work on this anymore. Maybe some rainy day I’ll submit it as an upgrade but for now I just closed the book on this submission.