Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

No rejection reason

0251Zeehond-ING0251Zeehond-ING Posts: 24 ✭✭✭

I received a rejection today, but there is no rejection reason in the nomination in wayfarer. I had this earlier too on other nominations, but I think it happens too often (like 1 in 5 at most). When is this going to be fixed?

As far as I know, this nomination hasn't been in voting yet. A few weeks ago it was still in queue and voting time is over a month here.

In the picture you can see it is rejected, but the reason isn't there.

It is not related to a device.

5 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭

The lack of rejection reason usually happens on nominations that Niantic have reviewed themselves.

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022

My apologies - my original response was incorrect, so I'm editing it.

Niantic responses are not being shown anymore. Even ones you saw in the past.

Everyone please test this by going to your contribution page, and enter in the search box: we are unable to approve this nomination

Your search results will show your rejected Niantic reviews - with no rejection text.

Some errant code change removed the Niantic reasons from the display. But they're still searchable - so they're not lost. We just need Niantict to fix this broken display that used to work.

---

EDITED TO ADD: Whoops - my bad again. I was searching my Contributions for "we are unable to approve this nomination". All of these results were of Niantic reviews (appeals - they haven't grabbed any others of mine).

The first five (newest by submission date) don't have rejection text - because they're duplicates, not rejections. I don't know why Duplicates have "we are unable to approve this nomination" in their background (not shown on screen), but here we are.

My "Not Accepted" appeals do indeed have the rejection wording from Niantic.

Post edited by MargariteDVille-ING on
  • Shilfiell-INGShilfiell-ING Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭✭✭

My Not Accepted reasons disappear on a regular basis. If I log off Wayfarer, then log in fresh and immediately go to my contributions list, the reasons reappear - but they disappear again a short time later.

• Shilfiell-INGShilfiell-ING Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do have a short screen recording I could share with Niantic staff, but for security reasons will not post a link to the recording here because it shows my pending contributions and may lead to abuse. DM me here if you want to see what I see, Niantic people!