Why does this keep getting rejected as inappropriate?

I’ve nominated the sign along the sidewalk for the new apartment complex twice. It’s on a long sidewalk that people use for walking dogs and such. Google hasn’t updated the maps in two years so their complex isn’t shown on the map yet but it’s obvious in the picture the sidewalk and driveway lead back to it

Answers

• KingNine9-PGOKingNine9-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭

An appartment complex is not techincally either of those but I have seen plenty of those as poke stops in my travels. One is near my house in fact. I'm not arguing with you but just don't understand how they don't meet criteria but I see them.

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭✭✭

They don't promote exploration, nor are they a good place to exercise or be social. I missed apartment complexes from the neighbourhood/subdivision terminology I used as it was 3:45am and I was tired haha.

Some reviewers mistakenly accept them, but they have been clarified that they don't meet criteria by themselves. If it had something like a fountain attached to it, then the fountain may be eligible, but the sign itself is generic.

You should never submit based on what you see is already in the game. Criteria changes over time (some things were acceptable before but now aren't, and vice versa), and people also make mistakes as I said above. You should nominate things based on the current criteria.

• KingNine9-PGOKingNine9-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭

Thanks, I was definitely submitting by what I see as I play.

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nominations need to meet at least one acceptance criteria: explore, exercise, socialize, as described here: https://wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/new/criteria/eligibility

People don't walk around that sign to explore it. It is not an exercise station. People don't meet up and hang out there.

• Stentorious-PGOStentorious-PGO Posts: 50 ✭✭

I’ve seen plenty of these approved if they have a story or are a single access point where yes people from a community can gather (sidewalks required) before going on a walk together to the local ice cream shop or nearby park. But they really don’t meet criteria honestly but the ones approved probably have a large community or reviewers approving because if this gets to the larger group we are going to deny these.

• Cowyn2016-PGOCowyn2016-PGO Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭✭

Most of the ones you see were before the Criteria refresh. Explore/Exercise/Gather. Most of the ones already in the game wouldn't be approved today.

That's not to say it's "impossible" because you can make a case for Explore if the sign is unique enough or if the neighborhood is famous enough. Like say an entrance to a historic hippie community.

I've submitted 3 of these that I thought were uniquely interesting/artistic. 2 Failed. 1 Passed. Here's the one that passed.

As a side note: Don't try and make it for "Gather" usually if its meant for gathering there will be something like a Covered Gazebo with it that will make a far better focal wayspot then the entrance sign.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is a "neighborhood sign", just not eligible.