ALL THE TRAIL MARKERS!

X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m getting an early start on the weekend.

Every once in a while some trail marker -phile or other says, “Who nominates a trail marker every 20 meters”? Here you go. Same sign: one nomination and four on the nearby. And this is actually one of the better ones; along the Ice Age Trail are *literally* *hundreds* of POIs of sticks with a swatch of paint across the top. Good job, this definitely makes the map more adventurous and interesting.

Zzzzzzzzzzz…..

Comments

• Gazzas89-PGOGazzas89-PGO Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

You would hate my local park then lol

• DracFury-PGODracFury-PGO Posts: 146 ✭✭✭

I have done a whole village with its preset trail makers. Still not done the lot yet but it's a big area. 👍

• ElPortalDeNorbe-PGOElPortalDeNorbe-PGO Posts: 283 ✭✭✭

No entiendo cuál es el problema. Si existen y son válidos... ¿Por qué no nominarlo?

Ya si cumplen las distancias y demás... perfecto!

• Losifer026-INGLosifer026-ING Posts: 204 ✭✭✭✭

As far as I can tell those trail markers meet criteria for a valid POI, and they should be approved. We’re supposed to determine whether or not something meets the criteria and judge each nomination on that. If they aren’t approved by you and end up rejected Niantic will likely approve them on appeal, and/or the nominator, knowing that they are valid, will keep re-nominating them; and they’ll end up in a game regardless eventually. So, even if you think they’re boring you should still approve them. Otherwise you’re probably just going to annoy the nominator and the appeals team; and quite possibly get dinged for rejecting valid things.

• Shilfiell-INGShilfiell-ING Posts: 1,560 Ambassador

The trouble I have with trail markers like these is that we have many markers for "Trail" that are actually auto routes, not pedestrian trails. This leads to the same confusion I see when "Park" signs are accepted for Industrial Parks, Trailer Parks, and apartments complexes with 'park' in the name. Do the signs assist in exploration? Well, maybe....but only as much as any road sign would, like a sign for an interstate highway or residential street.

https://www.discoverupstateny.com/visit-regions/seaway-trail/ - are all the signs along this auto route acceptable candidates?

• An auto trail, probably not, unless there's a ped path along it, I have yet to run into any of those. The must frustrating thing for me with Trail markers, is that most don't have a street view or no one has uploaded a 360 view, making incredibly difficult to determine if they are on the map or not.