Random Musings on 1* Nominations

Cowyn2016-PGOCowyn2016-PGO Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭

So I was reviewing and had 9 1* insta rejects in a row this morning. Made me wonder what's the longest streak of 1* someone has done???

Completely twisting, I was driving down a side-street yesterday and saw a private house where they had made huge wind (6-10 feet each) chimes/fans out of car parts. There were at least 5 of these built. They were all works of arts, but its a private house so I didnt bother to take a picture/nominate. Have you ever run into something you would call a sure-fire slam dunk nomination EXCEPT it runs afoul of rejection criteria. Like what?

Comments

• Belahzur-INGBelahzur-ING Posts: 534 ✭✭✭✭✭

My biggest enemy is really old beautiful Victorian buildings that have been re-purposed as residential housing, things like those old Methodist/Wesleyan chapels, once the Methodist/Wesleyan movement circles started to dwindle, a lot of those old chapels were sold off into private ownership.

One on hand, I'm glad to see these beautiful buildings surviving as a reminder and heritage, but on the other hand, FFFUUUU- why you gotta be PRP now.

Same for the blue plaques we have, some really cool important people that once here lived... now PRP goddamn it.

• Shilfiell-INGShilfiell-ING Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 24

Several times a week, I drive by a wonderful mural reproducing the American Gothic painting - right on the side of a barn at a family farm.

I also drive by a cute Little Free Library, with a dedicated Memorial Bench next to it....right in the border corner of a local elementary school. Across the street from that same school, there's a cool Veteran's memorial rock with a plaque on the portion of the road without sidewalks on that side. I try not to drive down that road too often because the frustration is real. 😂

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m pretty sure that some German “reviewers” level 1* rejections against hundreds or thousands of nominations in a row.

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a streak of eleven auto-rejects once.

• Two K-12 schools
    • Two trees
    • One beauty salon
    • One thing in someone's yard
    • One construction warehouse
    • One heavy equipment store
    • A block of mailboxes at an apartment complex
    • Two fakes, one of which was clip art

It was not a good day for my faith in humanity.

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with you @Belahzur-ING there is loads of really interesting architecture and historically significant buildings and plaques that are nonstarters.

i know of a lovely late 1700s house, and on the first floor where you might expect a window there is a sundial instead Grade II listed.

But no it’s PRP

• Gazzas89-PGOGazzas89-PGO Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭✭✭

Theres a grade a listed building near me (grade a is the best grade in scotland). It's a Ronnie macintosh designed building ..... it's also a house so I can't submit it

• SeVero2k-PGOSeVero2k-PGO Posts: 24 ✭✭

1) A newly built house in my neighbourhood has an interesting piece of Art fixed to the wall : a "facade climber" made out of metal. I find it very interesting and often wonder what made them choose this piece of Art (is it an Invitation to burglars? ) but its a private residential property as far as I can tell...

2) My neighbour is an Artist who makes wonderful sculptures out of stone and he displays some of them in his garden - which is a mere private residential property, as he lives there and has no official display room, (he only has a some Kind of Box from which one can take a leaflet on his Art....) Anyway, I'd love to have the Pokestop right next to my own house !

3) In one of the social building blocks in my neighbourhood there is a sculpture of a giant very cute kitty. Its so huge one could actually Climb on it and its really very cute, it dates back to the beginning of the 19th century BUT its more or less in front of a public kindergarden....

4) Sometimes I also review very nice nature nominations, a bench with a great view or a nice Lake. I wouldn't mind to explore them but, well, its not within the criteria, so I reject.

• The26thDoctor-PGOThe26thDoctor-PGO Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ironically there are three Grade II listed buildings near me that are prp and in the database.