Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Low Quality Photo

On various Wayfarer chats and groups I'm in, there seems to be confusion over why we should reject a nomination for low quality photo. When selecting it as a reason, it reads

"Why is this an ineligible Wayspot nomination?

• Low Quality Photo

Use for nominations where the photo is blurry, pitch black or is taken from a car"

For me, these are the only reasons I would use this option. If it's blurry, pitch black, or from a car. But I see others rejecting as a low quality photo because it wasn't perfectly centred, it was a bit too far away, the photo was taken at dusk and they should have done it on a sunny day etc. Surely if you can see the object of the Nomination, and it doesn't fall under other rejection criteria, it's eligible? We don't rate out of 5 for photos, we're not professional photographers trying to get the perfect angle and lighting, either it's passable or it isn't.

This from the Niantic support pages:

"Why was my photo rejected?

• A photo may be rejected if it:
    • Is too dark or blurry
    • Is a picture of an image
    • Has a watermark
    • Shows people's faces
    • Depicts a group of people in front of Portal
    • Contains a license plate that can clearly be seen"

Nowhere does it mention "photo isn't centred enough to my taste" or "They should have got a daytime picture" as reasons to reject. Whether you like the photo or not, whether you think they could have done a better job if they moved closer and tried a different angle ... It's irrelevant. As long as you can see the object, it's not blurry, from a car, and doesn't fall under other photo rejection reasons - the photo is eligible.

Best Answer

Answers