Rejection / Voting Comments to Nominators

When will we the rejection comments that we put on the rejection reasons go to Nominators? This will help new people to the wayfarer program improve upon their next nomination of the same or future POIs.

6 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never. The ammount of obscene sentences and insults would mean that they have to stop it right after releasing this feature.

If you want to propose that instead reviewers could have a list of set phrases to send, that's the list of rejection reasons and the advice to come to these community forums.

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,131 Ambassador

Sounds like a great idea until you see comments that some put on their rejection reasons like:

”No Casey. This Starbucks is not eligible”

”This is your ••••ing house. •••• off.”

I wouldn’t want to get those after I submitted something I thought was good because of poor Niantic communications.

• DracFury-PGODracFury-PGO Posts: 146 ✭✭✭

Well get it built in with a profanity filter perhaps so it won't post with anything nasty in it.

• Gazzas89-PGOGazzas89-PGO Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

In theory, it would be a good idea, but let's say there's 100 comments of rejection, 70% will be some variation on "lmankhbke" (in other words gibberish"). 10% will just be insults, and then the final 20% will maybe be helpful, or it will be "not eligible" woth no explanation. Can you imagine how tedious it would be to go through that?

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭✭✭

Niantic should use the comments when

1. A rejected nomination is appealed
    2. An accepted wayspot is reported (disputed)+
    3. A nominator or reviewer is challenged as abusive.

I have a feeling they DO see past comments on appeals - and they C&P something that seems relevant into the appeal rejection text. That way they don't have to come up with their own text.