New review system based on the three general criteria

What about a new review system with the following review options:

- does the nomination support outdoor activity? (1-5*)

- does the nomination support exploration? (1-5*)

- does this nominations support social interaction? (1-5*)

- > is this a good candidate? (Yes / no)

(- rate the title/Description 1-5*)

Currently, the nomination apgorythm could reject great candidates due to low rating in the subcaregories. That really should stop. With the suggested Review system, only one category is really needed as an approval. Also, it might help new wayfarers understand the criteria better.

8 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• NvlblNm-PGONvlblNm-PGO Posts: 167 ✭✭✭

Why do we need a 5* rating system for these categories?

• Gazzas89-PGOGazzas89-PGO Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thing is though, a lot of stuff people will argue goes into categories, like, ive always wondered what art would go under, like a museum art piece I mean, I wouldn't call that social, exercise or exploration, but I've been told that it's exploration.

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,482 Ambassador

Why outdoor activity only?

Why not simply support exercise/activity?

I do get what you are trying to do, but without the base knowledge of how the current system works I’m not sure if this would be better or not.

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

Remember, a low average score in categories such as historical/cultural significance and visual uniqueness will result in some nominations being rejected for such categories.

If a nomination is highly rated for exploration but absolutely nought for social interaction, I would imagine without proper programming someone would get the rejection of "anti-social". Or a great and renowned cafe for social interaction but nothing for outdoor activity, you'll probably get something along the lines of "stagnation/sloth". And low exploration for "nonchalence."

Kidding not kidding. But if this were the case, the Wayfarer team better program the system not to cause rejections for sure or else we'd be preaching once again to vote at least 3 stars for each of them or risk a rejection.

Exploration, social and exercise is too subjective.

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

STEP 1: It should start with nominating. Just click boxes. Use the wording from https://wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/new/criteria/eligibility (and include the link with the questions.)

Why do you think this would make a great wayspot? (Select what it already is, not what a wayspot here would become.)

• a great place for exploration
    • a great place for exercise
    • a great place to be social with others

STEP 2: Send the above results to reviewers

STEP 3: Allow reviewers to change the selections as they see fit