My pokestop wont show up

a pokestop i nominated has not shown up post acceptance even though it should be there. I don’t really know what to do because it is right at my house and would be right on top of me.

Comments

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,485 Ambassador

Hello and welcome @Fleethescene-PGO

As it is at your home do read the following explanation about Pokémon Go spacing rules as you shouldn’t post the location.

The underlying issue is that Niantic have not explained what happens.

Although the impression you are given when you submit something is that you are submitting to be a pokestop. The reality is that you are submitting something with the potential to be a pokestop.

Once your nomination is approved, it is accepted into the Lightship database - this holds all approved wayspots and is separate from all Niantic games. That is the end point of wayfarer, and what happens next is not related to wayfarer.

Each game sets its own rules as to what it will take from the database to use in that particular game.

For Pokémon Go the rules revolve around the use of some mapping software commonly referred to as S2 cells it  breaks down the surface into smaller and smaller cells - each size is referred to as level and a number. 

Google: S2 cells and Pokémon Go - Pokémongohub  has a very good explanation.

The key is that in PoGo it only accepts 1 wayspot in each Level 17 cell, so if there is already a pokestop or gym in the game in that cell, yours will not be selected to enter Pokémon Go.

use this information to check your approved wayspot.