Invalid Wayspot Appeal: Barking Creek Flood Barrier

Title of the Wayspot: Barking Creek Flood Barrier

Location: https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=51.48715,0.023146&z=12&pll=51.515209,0.096333

Astride the mouth of the river roding, an exact postcode is difficult to obtain. Likely IG11

City: London

Screenshot of the Rejection Email:

Photos to support your claim:

From the photo here it does appear that there is a path to the portal here, however this short road is fenced off and only for barrier operatives - see below photos

Gate sign reads Private Property - Dangerous Area keep out. Upper sign reads Environment Agency - Barking Barrier

There are two other options for access, the thames route would involve climbing the gated off ladders down the southern wall then using the beckton sewage works outlet sluice gate as a bridge - to my mind this would be trespass against the sewage works.

This above photo is taken from the closest point I am certain I can legally be, also I have an ingress screenshot at this same point:

The final option would be to climb the fence (possible trespass) at the footpath bend north of the barrier area, then proceeding to walk under the span of the barrier round to the rocky beach where the portal is located. Again because of the dubious safety and legality of the route, I did not do this.

Below is a photo of this footpath bend with the end of the footpath fence and beginning of the barrier fence with a no fishing sign

Because of the dangerous aspect of the object in question I submitted two invalid wayspot reports - one for no pedestrian access and one for obstructs emergency services as I believe it meets both removal criteria

Tagged:

Comments