Nightwatch

You can see all features of the statue even at night. My photo clearly shows the statue and its features. I thought it was a great night photo that would've been more unique than a daytime photo. No suggestions implying I should just do a daytime photo, because then we let the picky (and wrong) reviewers win.

Comments

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,483 Ambassador

Night photos can work well ….but some don’t like them.

You can see the statue so it should be ok.

So if you won’t do day time try a tighter crop as the current one has ( in my view) too much of the sky and rock and not Enough statue

• ApplPsydarr-PGOApplPsydarr-PGO Posts: 139 ✭✭✭

If only I can crop in the app. When I go out nominating a bunch of things....sometimes 40....I'd prefer not to have to crop photos when the photo submitted is fine. That takes too much time 😢

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,483 Ambassador

It does take time. I dont Submit via Go but I believe you can submit away from the point. I could be wrong but I think it’s up to 10km away - someone else can correct me. You then submit photos you have already taken. You can make small changes eg crop. It also makes writing the text much easier. Also when taking the picture start being more critical of the view on your screen, that way you don’t need to crop. Even if you take a few and go and have a coffee nearby and review your camera roll and submit.

You can do a minimum submission location , photos and a brief title. And then quickly check your contributions page and place it on hold. You can then think about the text later and write that up and release the hold.

It shouldn’t be all about the picture but it’s the first thing reviewers see and that first impression is vital. Some reviewers may be wrongly rejecting some of these, but a good photo and text will reduce the chances of this happening.

We all learn the hard way.

As time is limited it might make for a better overall experience if you do fewer but better.