Changing Pokèstop picture

Can anyone tell me how to get the photo changed on a Pokèstop? One of our local churches remodeled and I want to change the picture to reflect the new church facade. I did the edit thing at the stop and voted for it. Other players haven't been able to vote.

Comments

• Hey @Paul9263-PGO @Normies69-PGO! The higher the number of upvotes for a particular Wayspot's image, the higher the chances of the most upvoted image getting reflected as the main image in Niantic apps. For further assistance, please reach our concerned team either through the Wayfarer Help section or using this webform (https://www.pokemongolive.com/report-location) to submit your request. While submitting the request from the webform, please make sure the issue description is mentioned properly with the referenced Wayspot details, the other fields can be chosen randomly or relevant to it.

Thanks,

• Paul9263-PGOPaul9263-PGO Posts: 29 ✭✭

This is the picture I'm trying to change to.

• SeaprincessHNB-PGOSeaprincessHNB-PGO Posts: 1,609 Ambassador

@Paul9263-PGO you need to be aware that while adding upvotes to photos will change the main photo on the stop in PGO, those upvotes also have another impact to the game board. When a cell has enough POI to get a gym (2,6, or 20), the stop with the most "points" will be flipped to a gym. Points are calculated by the number of photos and upvotes on each photo. So if this stop is not already a gym and you add a lot of upvotes to it to change over the photo, you may be guaranteeing that once the cell reaches the required number of POI, this will flip to a gym.

In my opinion, being thoughtful about what POI become gyms (so that you don't disturb the property owners with increased traffic) is more important that changing out a photo. This might be a good choice for a gym. Or it might be a church that will be annoyed to have random cars pull in at night to battle the new gym for coins and points toward a gold badge.

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

I like the night photo. Good work.

There isn’t anything you can do to accelerate the edit review, and it’s hard to track, but you will get an e-mail about it when it’s decisioned. Assuming reviewers approve*, go into the stop, tap the arrow in the upper right, go to the square in the lower right, then all images for that stop will be displayed in an array. You can give a thumbs up vote to the one you like the best. The image with the most thumbs will become the image for that POI.

*this is not guaranteed, as night photos are sometimes rejected as low quality. If your submission is not approved, you can renominate the church using your image, then when it gets rejected as a duplicate your picture will be added to the stop.