Certain artwork only or because it's at a hotel?

I submitted this one and it was automatically upgraded. I didn't want it upgraded. But it was rejected. Should I try again or does it not meet criteria?

Comments

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭✭✭

What were the rejection reasons?

• Vistho-PGOVistho-PGO Posts: 24 ✭✭

There are a few problems that I could see causing it to get rejected. If you submitted it as the art, there is too much background. Also the Christmas decoration in view would put off reviewers as something seasonal. A nice close up photo of the art with a description including some detail would be more likely to be accepted. But it does kind of seem like standard wall decor so that would be a tough sell. If this is in a lounge or meeting area you could frame it better and include an explanation as to how it is a good place to be social.

• tp235-INGtp235-ING Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭

In general, it is very difficult to know if the candidates indoors are really real.

Also, as others have pointed out, there is too much other information.

We also consider it tough because there is no name of the work and it appears to be a temporary decoration.

It would be good if you could work to resolve these concerns.

• Janetx68-PGOJanetx68-PGO Posts: 53 ✭✭✭

It can be done, but a lot of hotel art is so generic and mass produced it's hard to argue it's worthy of exploration. This one is pleasant, but looks like it could be picked up in your average home goods store.

Here's some art work in a hotel that's unique and interesting enough someone took a picture of it and posted on their review of the hotel:

Here's three different art pieces in a hotel that are named and the artist identified and featured on the hotel's website:

So look for something that isn't just any decorative piece.