Dorm Name Change

Jivy4-PGOJivy4-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited January 2023 in Location Edit Appeals

I play Pokemon Go in my college town. Two years ago one of the college dorms had its name changed. Google maps is updated, but the pokestop isn't. It would be amazing if the pokestop could be updated, however since I don't own the pokestop or the location, it seems I am unable to do anything. Does anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are level 37 or above, and have taken the Wayfarer test, then all you need to do is go up to within spinning distance of the Pokéstop, tap on it, tap the arrow button in the top right of the screen, then tap the three dots button in the top right, and then select edit title. You'll be prompted to type in what the new title should be. Once you've done this and hit submit, it'll get sent off for review by other Wayfarer users (which could take anywhere between a few days and several months).

Eventually you'll get an email to tell you that your edit was accepted or rejected. If it was rejected, you can then use the Title/Description Edit Appeals section of this forum to appeal the decision and provide any extra evidence. On the other hand, if it is accepted, then it should update in Pokémon Go within 48 hours of being accepted.