Education Emails

cyndiepooh-INGcyndiepooh-ING Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

This morning I got this email:

To which I replied:

Please tell me what I reviewed incorrectly. I take my time on my reviews and have even started filling in the comments sections explaining the criteria I am going by. I try very hard to make decisions per any and all clarifications. 

Surprisingly, I did get a response. Unsurprisingly, it was not helpful

Hello again,

As per our policy, we will not be able to provide any specific information related to this email. We have thoroughly reviewed some nominations and found that you have been incorrectly reviewing them. As a result, we have tried to educate you about it after our investigation. Please review the Niantic Wayfarer support article for more knowledge on reviewing nominations.

So I sent this response

Thank you for replying to my email. But I do not review incorrectly. I have read that linked page many, many, many times, and pointed other people to it. I also read all the AMA responses, all the different clarifications listed under the help and criteria pages on the Wayfarer website, and every comment from Niantic personnel on the forum. I put a lot of thought and care into every review, and if I have misunderstood a guideline, I need to know which one it is. What specifically are you saying I reviewed incorrectly?

@NianticTintino-ING can you please bring this up with the team that telling me I am reviewing incorrectly without telling me what I am reviewing incorrectly is useless? I have the linked information memorized and am closing in on 50,000 reviews with a Great rating.

Tagged:

Comments

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you know why they do get away with this?

Because no matter what they do, people keep coming back.

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

Alrite, on more serious, less sarcastic note I'm wondering this,

Is there any chance of reviewers getting warned and/or their rating lowered for any successful appeal of rejected nominations?

• Shilfiell-INGShilfiell-ING Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that's quite likely. So maybe when I think something is not "great" and the community concurs, and then Niantic chimes in with a different subjective opinion, it's clearly the fault of the original local reviewers who don't have that same supporting essay that people are able to concoct during the appeals process. In the things that I've had appealed and accepted, I had no desire to punish anyone for their initial assessment (well, maybe those that kept rejecting an event lodge in a public park as "K-12" or "PRP" or "Natural Feature" but hey, I've forgiven them long ago).

• Cardano3927-INGCardano3927-ING Posts: 3 ✭✭

Pokemon go account can't be suspended, right?

Even if it's suspended,

Just this Wayfarer?

• The26thDoctor-PGOThe26thDoctor-PGO Posts: 4,675 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've seen 1 spoofer have a permanent account deletion most generally just get a warning then play the waiting game.

I've never seen a multi accounter receive any warning.

Defit has been completely ignored.

To get a deletion through WF would be odd.

• Shilfiell-INGShilfiell-ING Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very true. I still think, when I submit an appeal, that the original reviewers were mistaken in their judgement. Not colluding against me, not reviewing on multiple accounts to reject everything from certain individuals, not botting, not malicious. Just mistaken humans, who got a thing wrong once. In some cases, their mistake is my fault as submitter for not providing enough additional detail. I do think punishments should be reserved just for those who are obviously being malicious or cheating in some way, and not doled out when they make a simple human error.

• tp235-INGtp235-ING Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023

If we make it so that even wrong clicks and taps are punished, that will gradually stop wayfarer reviews.

Then I would like the reviewer to have the right to be able to correct the review for 12 hours after the review.

We are human, and we can't have zero wrong clicks or taps.

Otherwise, we wouldn't have multiple experienced wayfinders explaining to us that "that's a special wayspot we created for the event" and then the admin deletes the wayspot and then rushes to restore it.

And it wouldn't be a situation where the fix has already lasted two weeks.

Well, experienced reviewers who already don't post on this forum but have been continuing to review since the OPR days have already started to leave.

I am sure the Wayfarer team is the only one who has not noticed this.

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭

Email like this should only ever be sent to reviewers who show a pattern of poor voting. Based on recent discussions here I suspect that what's happening right now is that one person is whining about a rejection and the people who reviewed that candidate are getting a warning. That's bad because a) if enough people voted to reject there's likely a reason for the rejection, and b) it can penalize people who misclicked once.

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,063 Ambassador

It’s apparently birthed from those who got their nominations rejected reporting these “incorrect” rejections to the Wayfarer Help Chat, which isn’t what it’s for.

• PeteC303-INGPeteC303-ING Posts: 764 ✭✭✭✭

I had one of these recently from “Graham”. Again not telling me what I did wrong. Because actually I know for a fact I didn’t. What I did do though was reject a number of obvious fakes that were accepted. These fakes have since been removed and no action taken against the nominator (as this wasn’t mentioned in the replied) yet I was “reminded” to review “properly” by this email, when I already do and have done always. So these emails are simply sent because you go against the majority vote - rightly or wrongly is just a matter of opinion or interpretation or the opaque rules.

• tp235-INGtp235-ING Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Wayfarer team may want to stop the review by sending an educational email to Wayfinders who mistakenly clicked or tapped for a different reason.

That way they can purchase Foursquare and other databases and import them as they see fit after Wayfarer reviews stop.

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,327 Ambassador

@cyndiepooh-ING

I have joined the club this morning…

I will see if I get anywhere with an email.

I nearly always (unless I forget) put some kind of comment in the box (teachers habit of always explaining😂) especially if I think there is anything odd, so it will be interesting to see if that has any bearing.

If it’s one of yesterdays I will be very unhappy if it’s one that looked like a reject but I looked around the internet and found good evidence of it’s existence and where it was.

If it’s one of the ones from the challenge then I will be livid as I spent ages on each getting to grips with it.

This email has me on the verge of stopping doing the challenge anyway, I will think long and hard before reviewing today.

• SiIverLyra-PGOSiIverLyra-PGO Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

I should add that I got a warning email around the same time as cydiepooh, and I too sent a reply asking for clarification (albeit a longer one, detailing things such as the community's discontent with the vagueness/uselessness of these emails).

I never got a reply, though.

Included in my email is a specific question about the comments I have made.

I shall give it a few days and if no reply will consider the system downright rude and take a break from reviewing. I have no problem giving my time if treated with respect, but rudeness is disrespectful.

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,063 Ambassador

I wouldn’t expect a reply. They’ll have just had a list to send out and followed that

If they are not willing to engage in dialogue then the email needs to say that.

Also weirdly at the end it refers to “your Pokémon Go account” now it could be very poor formatting 🙄 but I do not have anything to do with wayfarer on my pokemon account - there is no google or Facebook link so it’s not possible 🤷‍♀️

• honestly, deleting an account because you did an incorrect review is like deleting an account because you didn't do enough excellent throws. it would be pretty wild.

There does seem to be an uptick in the number of these, and I wonder why.

A thought has occurred to me that as part of the higher degree of activity around appeals and the back of the queue that these may be generated as a result of Niantic staff deciding to maybe uphold an appeal or Niantic staff working on the oldest ones acting like these are appeals. In either case perhaps this is auto generated to all those that voted differently from Niantic staff.

Clutching at straws but it feels like something odd is going on.

@NianticAaron i don’t suppose you could throw any light as to in what circumstances these emails get triggered?