Global Reviewer Challenge - Indonesia
We’re very excited to announce our Global Reviewer Challenge taking place in… drum roll….. Indonesia! You may have noticed we mentioned “global” and you probably guessed it. That means that this challenge will be open to ALL Explorers around the world, uniting to review Wayspot nominations and support the Indonesia community. We looked all around the globe at different countries and regions to identify where we had the lowest amount of Wayspots and Indonesia happened to be one of those places.
Since the AMA you all have been giving feedback about how to improve your challenge experience and while we couldn’t take on all suggestions for this challenge, we did make 2 changes that we think you’ll like.
The first change we’ve made for this challenge is to allow all Explorers to change their Bonus Location to participate in the challenge. Not only did we make this change but we took it a bit farther by allowing all Explorers to change their Bonus Location every 72 hours after the first time they change their Bonus Location starting today. This will allow you to jump from city to city during the challenge if you wish to do so. Bonus Location resets will begin today between NOW and 12:30pm PST
Second and final change is that we’ve curated a list of the cities in Indonesia that have the lowest number of decided nominations so that you can choose to support that area specifically and ensure you get the most nominations from Indonesia during the challenge. Please check below for the list of locations.
We’re happy to support our Indonesian Explorer community and can’t wait to see the impact we make when we join together with these new changes! See below for more details about the challenge:
Top Bonus Locations:
- South Tangerang
- Desa Sawahan
- Challenge Review Date & Time: February 15, 2023 at 12:00pm PST - February 28, 2023 at 11:59pm PST
- Reward Distribution: March 1, 2023 - March 15, 2023
Wayspot Approval Goal:
- Tier 1 - 4000
- Tier 2 - 6000
- 2 Wayfarer Upgrades
- 20 L8 Resonators, 20 L8 XMP, 20 L8 Ultra Strike, 20 Hypercube, 2 ITO EN (+), 2 ITO EN (-), 2 SoftBank Ultra Link, 2 Rare Kinetic Capsules
- Pokémon GO
- 50 PokéBalls, 1 Star Piece, 1 Incense, 1 Poffin
- 3 Wayfarer Upgrades
- 40 L8 Resonators, 40 L8 XMP, 40 L8 Ultra Strike, 40 Hypercube, 4 ITO EN (+), 4 ITO EN (-), 4 SoftBank Ultra Link, 4 Rare Kinetic Capsules
- Pokémon GO
- 50 UltraBalls, 2 Star Piece, 2 Incense, 2 Poffin
Eligibility for Rewards:
- You are eligible to participate in the challenge if (i) you are an eligible Wayfarer reviewer (meaning you are at least Level 37 Trainer in Pokémon GO or Level 10 Agent in Ingress and have passed the quiz); (ii)the target Wayspot acceptance goal has been met; and (iii) you review at least one nomination in Indonesia that also gets approved during the Challenge Review Time (so start from day 1 of the Challenge!).
- We will confirm whether the Wayspot Approval Goal has been met and if so, which Tier. The rewards distributed will be based on the Wayspot acceptance goal status (Tier 1 or Tier 2) at the end of the campaign. Only one set of rewards will be distributed, such that:
- If at least Tier 1 is reached and you have reviewed a Wayspot that was accepted during the Challenge, you will receive one set of Tier 1 rewards.
- If Tier 2 is reached, and you have reviewed a Wayspot that was accepted during the Challenge, you will receive one set of Tier 2 rewards.
- Rewards will be distributed in the games, by email in the form of a code, and/or your Wayfarer account directly in which you are an eligible Wayfarer reviewer. For example, if you are a Trainer level 37 and an Agent level 10, you will only receive Pokémon GO rewards. If you are eligible in both games, you will receive the rewards in both by Mar 15, 2023.
- Given (1) and (2) above, rewards will be distributed between Mar 1, 2023 and Mar 15, 2023.
If you are eligible to participate but have not used Wayfarer before, prepare in advance by creating an account linked to your Pokémon GO or Ingress profiles. After you have signed in, check out the Criteria page and take a quick quiz to learn the basics of Niantic Wayfarer, such as reviewing and voting on nominated Wayspots.
We are very excited to be hosting this challenge for our Indonesian community. If you have any questions, please ask them in the Indonesia Challenge categories coming soon!
Check out the discussion and other questions HERE!
-The Wayfarer Team
It's been over 24 hours since we started the challenge and we are off to a great start! Check out the summary of Day 1 below:
Can't wait to check the progress tomorrow and next week! Keep it up and we'll be surpassing tier 2 in no time!
Yesterday marked the end of our Global Reviewer Challenge - Indonesia! It was such an exciting time to see so many of the Indonesia Wayspots reach a decision and see the number of participants increase day by day. Here is a quick snapshot of where we landed with those numbers:
As I mentioned yesterday, there was a lot of feedback for this challenge. We will be taking this feedback, along with the feedback from our Ambassadors and implementing the parts that make the most sense for the upcoming challenge in mid-May 2023. We want to make sure our new Ambassadors get a say as well so we won’t commit to any of the suggestions just yet, however, we are committing to making changes to make the future challenges more enjoyable and equitable.
With that said, one of those changes applied to this challenge will be to not only take Accepted Wayspots into consideration to reach the Tiers goals, but to also take into account the number of Wayspots Rejected. We know getting a Wayspot rejected can take as much effort as getting it accepted, so we have decided that for this challenge we will take both into consideration. How many Wayspots were rejected during the challenge? Take a look below:
This brings our total number of Wayspots reaching a decision during the Indonesia Challenge to 6,658! Meaning, we have reached Tier 2 of the challenge! Congratulations!
Rewards distribution will begin this week and all rewards will be delivered by March 15, 2023. We will be sure to update you all once they have all been delivered. Please refer to our initial post for Reward Eligibility.
Once again, Congratulations and Safe Exploring!