Upcoming Changes to Nomination Reviews - Discussion

Comments

• ApplPsydarr-PGOApplPsydarr-PGO Posts: 139 ✭✭✭

Everything that's already been said her....scroll down bug, no address, need default satellite view or street view.

But also can there be an icon to click that describes when to mark as duplicate or a link? For example, Central Michigan University is currently trying to get 18 Frisbee golf holes and signs through and is being mostly successful. This and other examples I've been seeing a lot of.

• Saad9498-PGOSaad9498-PGO Posts: 31 ✭✭

Same here! I got three noms in a row just now from Denmark, Australia and then Taiwan!!

• KrbKrbKrb-PGOKrbKrbKrb-PGO Posts: 32 ✭✭

Please include the address. It is extremely helpful when trying to figure out if a nomination is legit by googling the street address to see what comes up.

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BostonBlue-PGO Don't you have a [MAP|SATELLITE] button at the top of the map to switch between the two views? Look at the attached image.

• tp235-INGtp235-ING Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is possible that the review area issue is simply a silent change, not an issue, and that prompt review of nominations from rural and remote areas is necessary.

And the fact is that nominations from dry areas have long been neglected since OPR.

Several reviewers have requested these improvements, but the Wayfarer team has never addressed them.

While this may be a business issue (not immediate money), it is unfortunate given the significance of Wayfarer.

Therefore, it would be nice if we could have the choice to be involved in these dry area reviews we could.

There are several possible choices.

It would be nice to be able to choose by language and by POI density. (I would be the first to leave out Japanese if that were possible)

It makes me feel better, especially since Africa and Micronesia may still have nominations through August 2015 worth reviewing.

• RockstarUzy-PGORockstarUzy-PGO Posts: 33 ✭✭

small change, but useful. I like it

• AstroPhysiKo-PGOAstroPhysiKo-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭

please show the cells to users in the map or can using local mpas.

most don't know the cell are there

• PeteC303-INGPeteC303-ING Posts: 764 ✭✭✭✭

I’m now getting nominations outside my home location and bonus location, such as Rome Italy , Seoul, Korea and USA places I’ve never been unless it’s now including places that I have received remote raids from in Pokémon Go???

I don’t mind reviewing them but it is meant to happen??

Map views no longer enter 360 photos. Why? When people have gone to the trouble of trying to prove the location is correct (or at least the nomination exists).

The geotag on the main picture definitely helped confirm it’s location as you could search it separately and confirm location better.

I find it an odd process to navigate.

👎🏻

FYI, I've been able to get an address by dropping the street view guy onto the map at the approximate location of the pin.

@AstroPhysiKo-PGO When we're reviewing we're reviewing for all Niantic games, not just one. Having the proximity rules for every single game would make the map nightmarishly complex... and it would only get worse over time. Besides, how would you use that information? How would it change your behavior as a reviewer?

• Johnsonsine-INGJohnsonsine-ING Posts: 407 ✭✭✭✭

Yes, PoGo players are focused on cells. Because their Wayfarer work depends on it! And yes, technically you're right - obtaining insight about the cell map is actually considered abuse. Please consider though, that PoGo and Ingress are two so very different games. They should have never built PoGo on the same map, honestly*. The two games work fundamentally different, and this is why there is always this horrible ongoing conflict between Ingress players and PoGo players. Instead of fighting each other though, we should direct all of this at Niantic and suggest they make changes that benefit both. We all just want to have fun with our game, no need for all the negativity. Of course people will seek to enhance the game they play.

*example: A public playground is a great POI for Pokémon Go, but for Ingress, which is targeted at adults? Not so much. It just struck me yesterday, just converting everything into the other game is kinda lazy and def. not the best approach to increasing the number of POIs ind the respective games.

• sandrucci54-PGOsandrucci54-PGO Posts: 68 ✭✭✭

(I use google translate sorry if it's not accurate) Putting together the duplicate checker and the map to find the proposal at the end is a nice idea. However, there are some small changes to be made as the others have already said the map should start from the closest street view or from the photosphere it makes no sense to start from the gray map (or whatever it's called) just for the duplicates there are the images below, depending what still now as soon as I evaluate the position/duplicates it goes to the bottom of the page which forces me to go back to the top "wasting time". For having removed the address, I don't know if it's a bug or something desired but it can have a logic since for those who vote and apply as soon as they see a known address, maybe they can understand who did it by rejecting it even if it is a valid proposal or even promoting it if it is invalid only because the designated address is frequented by someone I "know". Finally, as pointed out by the others, today I evaluated proposals very, very out of my geographical field

• auntergoafa-PGOauntergoafa-PGO Posts: 100 ✭✭✭

If you want to simplify your review page, eliminate Safe Access and Additional Comments, not addresses.

• The26thDoctor-PGOThe26thDoctor-PGO Posts: 4,675 ✭✭✭✭✭

I also have the ability to change my home and bonus location.

It may just be me but I'm pretty sure a really reset wasn't available.

• The26thDoctor-PGOThe26thDoctor-PGO Posts: 4,675 ✭✭✭✭✭

Home I could change once so probably just me.

Bonus seems to be change more than once though?