Please Remove Abandoned Wayspot

Title of the Wayspot: [Burke Clubhouse]

City: [Woodbridge]

Screenshot of the Rejection Email:

Photos to support your claim:

Above: Wayspot is abandoned and filthy, the once bright green ground has begun to darken and is both crusty and moldy, you can also see in the backround this area of the park has no people in it and has basically once again become part of the woods

Above: The Wayspot is covered in graffiti! Many N@zi symbols, racial slurs, and hate speech are found here! I should hope its not the case but I worry that my previous appeal was denied because Niantic may not care about or even worse; support homophobic and rascist graffiti on their wayspots, please show that is not the case and retire this one. I have not photographed it all due to the abhorrent nature of it, but phrases such as "God Hates F@gs and tr@nnies" and "**** The J3ws" (I have censored the more disgusting words above) are everywhere. The township has abandoned this playground and has replaced it with a new, more accessible one that is even a Niantic Wayspot.

Above: Showing that the old playground covered in rascist and homophobic grafitti (red) has been replaced by the park with a new one (white)

Additional Information: [This Playground has unfortunately been abandoned and is not a valid wayspot anymore as it is no longer a safe, fun, or accessible spot to explore, there are RASCIST and HOMOPHOBIC slurs graffiti'd all over the interior and some of the exterior! PLEASE Niantic I am hoping you will not allow a place covered In hate speech and symbols to remain in your games! You can also see for yourself that it is filthy and has been replaced by the park with a new playground! The fact that they have acknowledged the decay of the old one by installing a new one in addition to the fact the old one is deeper inside the woods and less accessible to pedestrians as opposed to the new one proves that this wayspot should to be retired. I am DISGUSTED by the insensitive rascist, homophobic, antisemitic, and transphobic nature of what this wayspot has become and unfortunately the park has refused to clean it and instead abandoned the site and made a new playground, but you can still remove this awful wayspot from your games! I am disappointed in Niantic that my previous appeal showing the hate speech at this former playground was rejected but I implore you Niantic: PLEASE, make the right decision this time and retire this wayspot

PLEASE remove this wayspot, you can see in the screenshot above that the new Warren Park Playground is even a new Niantic Wayspot so there should be no issue in removing the old rascist, homophobic, antisemitic, and transphobic Wayspot. Surely N@zi symbols and phrases such as "God Hates F@gs and Tr@nnies" and "**** The J3ws" cannot possibly align with Niantic's values, so I implore you; make the right decision and retire this wayspot]

Tagged:

Comments

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

If that playground is still functional, you can just ask the manager of that playground to clean up such graffitis.

However if it isn't, you'd better ask them to permanently close that playground by any means, which later you can ask Niantic to remove the POI.

Post edited by patsufredo-PGO on
  • Nadiwereb-PGONadiwereb-PGO Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do I understand it correctly that you're trying to get a playground (quite possibly the most eligible things of all) removed as a Wayspot because of the following things:

• There are branches and leaves on the ground (which is completely normal as it's in a woodland park) and the ground is dirty and lost its color (which is completely normal for playgrounds)
    • There are no people there in Winter, in a fairly remote park. (This is entirely normal.)
    • There are pieces of politically charged and truly disgusting graffiti. (This is a question of maintenance, does not impact the function of the playground as a whole, nor its eligibility.)

Also, sorry, but an abandoned playground doesn't look like that. I'm from Central-Eastern Europe and this playground that you call derelict is in a remarkably good shape, probably in better condition than 90% of playgrounds in my country. Besides, when a township/municipality actually abandons a playground, there are better signs than "leaves on the ground". There would be a barrier around the play structure, there would be warning signs not to enter, etc., for safety reasons. To me, it's obvious that this is very much a still functioning playground that has been the target of vandalism, but maintenance works for playgrounds like this usually only begin around this time of the year.

In conclusion: I'm positive that this should remain a Wayspot. I can also see that you have tried to get this removed once and it was declined, so now you're trying again with more, even flimsier arguments (like branches on the ground). I don't know why you're so adamant that this playground be removed, but I hope you don't succeed.

That being said, if there are photos on this Wayspot that include the slurs and graffiti you show on your pictures, those pictures should be removed. But that's it.

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

Also, all OP's appeals seems fishy at all, did the entire park really abandoned?

• Blukhet-INGBlukhet-ING Posts: 39 ✭✭

Trying to remove a fully valid wayspot is abusive. OP should be warned and even punished if he tries to forcefully remove the playground further in the future.

• Thanks for the appeal, @HuntericaGO-PGO! We took another look at the Wayspot in question and decided that it does not meet our criteria for removal at this time.