Appeals Update - Discussion

13»

Comments

• Aquablast64-PGOAquablast64-PGO Posts: 244 ✭✭✭✭

When did you appeal your nominations? For First In First Out, they are still working on August 2022 appeals.

Yes, I wish they would speed things up with the appeals.

• pepijn77777-PGOpepijn77777-PGO Posts: 30 ✭✭✭

I have 7 appeals that are still waiting to go into voting, the oldest being from around september last year. The lastest few appeals were made after this processing change. I was hoping that maybe at least my new appeals would get looked with this change at but I guess I'll be better off to wait for hell to freeze over.

• vop020506-INGvop020506-ING Posts: 20 ✭✭✭

I have one appealed from the 8 of august and it have entered voting this morning, but they will mark it as a duplicate because other wayfinder created the wayspot. I hope in the future we will be able to cancel appeals to prevent things like this to happen.

• cyndiepooh-INGcyndiepooh-ING Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay, I have been the biggest cheerleader for this change, encouraging folks to go ahead and appeal, because it will be looked at quickly. And that was true for me for March, April, and May. But the June appeal I submitted on the sixth has not been reviewed, and every report I see is for an appeal made in September. Are you back to FIFO?

• Shilfiell-INGShilfiell-ING Posts: 1,560 Ambassador

As far as I know I've NEVER had an appeal decided in LIFO order: everything from March onward remains untouched, along with one older submission. If I could, I'd slip Niantic a folded note asking "Are you mad at me?" in the hope we could be friends again. :)

• RandomExploit-INGRandomExploit-ING Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭

It has been 6 weeks since you posted this and I have not seen an update and only a single appeal done in many months.

I believed at the time they created Ambassadors that they would not be able to help or champion anything for us and if Niantic can't answer you or give you information to give to us on matters like this, it reinforces what I originally thought.

I would rather they actually dealt with the appeals than gave us info on why they haven't done them or why they seem mostly pointless. Instead they waste their time and effort on surveys, probably because less people submit and review now when the reasons for that are mostly obvious anyway.

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,483 Ambassador

@RandomExploit-ING

We haven't taken our eye off the appeals ball. I personally still have a substantial backlog.

I don't think there is a lot I can say (because of NDA rules).

We do champion a lot on behalf of the community. We emphasise the impacts that issues are having, the knock on problems that we can see might happen.

I think the fact that @NianticTintino-ING makes repeated reference to the contributions we are making should be a good indicator that although it is not visible on the outside we are having an impact. And just because some things go on ridiculously long doesn't mean nothing is happening or that it is forgotten about. I would love to be able to say more and say it regularly in here (this where this ambassador is active), and I do what I can, but it scratches the surface only.

There is a lot more we can keep trying to do.

My personal opinion is that a strategy and resources should be directed to getting appeals into a place where they are meaningful.

• RandomExploit-INGRandomExploit-ING Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭

The bottom line is appeals are are at an almost standstill and Wayfarers are non the wiser as to why or what's happening with them.

That is all most people care about. The lack of action & communication is just as bad as it always has been

• jobocopp-PGOjobocopp-PGO Posts: 12 ✭✭

Why don't you guys skip the appeals and just do the "voting" yourselves? The fact that the appeals make up a huge part of this forum implies there are many appeals to be reviewed.

The whole system is so lame tbh. Just another way us rural players with few reviewers get the shaft. God forbid a wayspot is near my house so i can play without dumping my cash into the game. But nah, that's something everyone gets in big cities and whatnot.

PS. Not gonna read any replies to this so save your time/effort and give me all your hate - i need it to survive

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just another way us rural players with few reviewers get the shaft.

It's not like I live in some random rural town either, Boise should have plenty of reviewers here.

I honestly don't even know what to say at this point 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

• cyndiepooh-INGcyndiepooh-ING Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is July, so I am going to consider my June 6 officially skipped if LIFO is still in place.

For all of you not in the Wayfarer Discussion Discord, we are seeing reports of late October and early November 2022 appeal decisions, and those seem to be the oldest outstanding ones. (When I say that, I am going by the date of the appeal, not the date of the submission or rejection. And if you appeal an old Redacted nom, it gets weird.) We are not seeing any reports of recent appeals being decided. So it appears they are back to FIFO. At least for now.

• Blania6967-PGOBlania6967-PGO Posts: 145 ✭✭✭

On the 10 last appeals in my Pogo group, none of them got in LIFO, all are stuck like the old ones.

Seems like the new system worked for like a month and is now dead.

• PEPEDIZ2-INGPEPEDIZ2-ING Posts: 48 ✭✭

Ahora no deja apelar, estamos a día 1 y debería entrar la apelación del mes que podemos hacer y nada, tengo 4 apelaciones que hacer y tengo que esperar 4 meses para hacerlas, no es culpa de los que hacemos peticiones que la gente no sepa votar o vote a voleo y en mi caso lo puedo confirmar, propuesta falsa después de recorrer 15 km a pie para poderlas pedir, "ACCESO PEATONAL" cuando la foto de apoyo hay una acera y un paso de peatones, "ELEMENTO NATURAL" a una fuente cuando muchísimas fuentes están detrás de una corriente de agua al igual que esta, y así muchas mas.