1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.
I’m not sure if this entirely counts as a bug, but I wasn’t sure where else to ask about this issue. I submitted a nomination for a Wayspot a few weeks ago and recently went to the contributions page to see if there was any progress. However, there is no indication that my nomination ever existed. Pokemon Go said that it was submitted but I never received a confirmation email about it. (Which I’ve seen other users reference in other discussions.)
This is my first and only nomination so maybe I am missing something. From what I can see from others’ experiences I don’t think this is supposed to happen. Should I do another submission if the first one is appears to have bugged? I don’t want to nominate the same thing twice if it did go through and I’m just unable to see it.
Additional Information: Device- Fully updated IPhone 12.
If you didn't get an email for it, then the chances are it didn't upload correctly. You may need to redo the nomination.
Tried it again, no email and no update to the contributions page. It said it successfully uploaded on the app but again there’s no indication that it went through on Wayfarer.
@NianticAaron any chance you can check to see if these submissions have actually made it into the system?
Are you using the upload later or just upload now? Encountered similar a year ago with upload later, option does not show in my device now.
I have checked our records and see that the nominations have not been uploaded properly. Please ensure that you undertake the following precautions to avoid this in future:
Let us know if the issue persists and we will investigate further.
Best practices for not loosing a nomination while uploading:
1. Have good internet
2. If you used upload later then don't upload 10 at once, do them in smaller batches. Maybe 3-4 or under "manage uploads" click each individually to upload.
3. Do not immediately close your game. Give it a few minutes to transfer the data and wait for the email to go through.
Part 3 might be where you went wrong. Closing the game immediately can cause the upload to dissappear in transit.
I have submitted numerous photos for current pokestops in the last couple of months with all of them with a return email saying it will be reviewed. Typically within a week or so I get an email saying that it has been accepted or not. The problem is that it has been over 2 months without anything and it’s not because of user error. So my question is why is it taking so long when in the past it has not?