Niantic: Why did you missplace this Wayspot during review?

Meenite-INGMeenite-ING Posts: 117 ✭✭✭
edited April 2023 in Location Edit Appeals

Name: "Skugga av orörlig grönska"

Actual coordinates: 58.876744 14.904329 (my coordinates, see explanation below)

----

On April 14th I submitted several poem plaques along the promenade by the lake in a nearby town and 7 of them were reviewed by Niantic Reviewers instead of local players.

All of them were approved within a few days to my delight - and I waited for them all to show up in Ingress (they are everywhere from 30-50 meters apart from each other so distance wasn't an issue) - but imagine my surprise when only 6 out of 7 reviewed by Niantic themselves popped up.

One (#3/12) never showed. It was approved on the 19th so I waited for a few days, thinking it might just be a hiccup with sync, but other things, approved at a later date, showed up without issues.

So I drove back down there and opened up Pokemon Go instead and the nomination tool, so that I could "see" all nominations in the area (even though it doesn't show in any game/s as of now). Imagine my surprise when I found that it was there - but moved from my submitted location (red dot), to the opposite end of the boules court and into the middle of the reeds by the lakeside (! at blue arrow), putting it much too close to another existing Wayspot.

This is the Wayspot in question - portal and support picture, clearly showing the signs placement slightly southwest of the boules court as well as the coordinates where I placed it when nominating (bottom of picture)

This is the view on Google Maps of the same location as in the above screenshot in PoGO - showing where the coordinates place the marker.

There's an old Photosphere submitted in 2020 nearby the location as well, showing both the sign and the boules court clearly. This sphere is slightly misplaced, as its player contributed, but it shows the relation between the sign and the surroundings.

Sooooo.....

Would you mind terribly moving it back to its actual location so that it appears where it's supposed to in the game/s?

Thank you in advance!

Post edited by Meenite-ING on
Tagged:

Comments