Feedback pls

Should I appeal this, or is a whatever, I don't care anymore..

Title: Pergamos

Description: A lovely Arts and Crafts supplies store

Supplemental info:

Visible via google maps. Eligible as other Pergamos stores are in the game. Thank you kindly

It was rejected for reasons: Other Rejection Criteria, Temporary or Seasonal Display

(well the store is there for 25 plus years, I don't know what's temporary about that)

Further, I have seen the same nomination, which was accepted, at a different location, while reviewing other nominations, Evidence below:

In conclusion the store is a Stationery store, selling artist materials, books, arts and crafts.

so what do you think

Comments

• ChairnTable-PGOChairnTable-PGO Posts: 22 ✭✭

Okay so, just a quick update, while I was reviewing nominations, I went back to my contributions to see if any of them are in voting status, then clicked on the Pergamos one, and by magic on the Location photo, the pointer has been moved to a nearby store and one of the rejected criteria: Temporary or Seasonal Display has been changed to Mismatched Location..

Like hello? Is this normal

• yllsa-PGOyllsa-PGO Posts: 20 ✭✭

It only can show two rejection criteria at a time, so if you refresh the page or come back to it later it may show different ones - this is "normal" :) just be wary of refreshing too often

Okay, thank you man or woman, so there are three rejected criteria's.

• flatmatt-PGOflatmatt-PGO Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭✭✭

An "arts and crafts" store doesn't generally meet any of the acceptance criteria, and you haven't done anything to demonstrate how this specific store meets any of the acceptance criteria. "Other locations have been accepted" doesn't convince me that this location meets any of the acceptance criteria; it only makes me think that other stores have been accepted incorrectly.

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,119 Ambassador

Is this arts and crafts store a;

• great place to be social with others
    • great place for exploration
    • great place for exercise

Forget what is on your game board. Also note it's not just a place for those things, it has to be a great place for those things. Based on your title and description, it does not appear to meet criteria.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

Doesn't meet criteria.

Thank you for making it crystal clear that it does not meet the criteria..😑

Like every other comment in each and every post in this website is like: it doesn't meet the criteria because No exploration, no social, no exercise.. and things like Churches are a great place to exercise, a graveyard is a great place to be social and a recycling bin or a post box is a great place for exploration.

In the end of the day you try to nominate anything it might make it into the game, It is like you are

- doing the developers work for a game

- doing free labor on behalf of the game

- In order to play the game..

And for a company that makes billions..well I am not gonna keep commenting anything on this website ever again. Ciao

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,119 Ambassador

If you do come back to this, then I’ll point out the ones you mentioned.

Churches. Niantic lists “something that draws us together to share an experience in a locally and culturally relevant way.” under a great place to be social. For me, religion is culturally relevant (even if it’s not my thing) and the churches are often historically interesting as well, falling under historical exploration.

Graveyards, they’re mostly “grandfathered in”, meaning they were some older Ingress nominations before the guidelines were clearly defined. I don’t think these should be on, but maybe in some cases, they do meet criteria? I don’t know every graveyard.

I can only think of one recycling center around me that’s in the game but it has a locally interesting story behind it, meeting part of the historical & cultural exploration.

Postboxes (in the UK only) also fall under some historical exploration for many (not Elizabeth II postboxes), for where there’s few King Edward postboxes and you can start to learn about previous monarchs from the cyphers.

At least you know that this doesn’t meet the criteria and can nominate something else. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem you got the answer you were after, but it is the correct answer.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023

So, you are saying that because we are "doing free labor" "doing the developers[sic] work", then we should ignore the eligibility criteria and accept things that are not eligible? Sorry, but I don't buy this line of argument and I consider the general attitude behind it as toxic. If I'm allowed to help out, I will follow the rules and guidelines they set. It doesn't matter how much money a company makes (and I reason that it is far less than "billions").

As for your example of things you think shouldn't be eligible:

1. Churches meet the socialization criteria.
    2. Graveyards are generally not eligible, though some may meet the exploration criteria for historical significance.
    3. Recycling bins are not eligible.
    4. Postboxes are likewise not eligible except for the few that are of historical significance. Unfortunately the British PoGo community when nuts and accepted most of them under the false criteria of "iconic" just so they can get extra Pokestops.

Two wrongs don't make something right.