Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

My POI was loaded into the database but does NOT appear in any game

A few weeks ago, one of my submited POIs got accepted, but did NOT appear in any game, not even in ingress.

I submited it again, and when one of my local friends saw my submited POI on Wayfarer, he realized that on the location check map, the previous submited POI, that got accepted, was there on the map, but that specific accepted POI did NOT appear in any game.

As a result, of course, my second submission got rejected due to it being a "duplicate", which it's not, because there's nothing there, but somehow the previous POI got loaded on the Wayfarer database and not on the game's database.

FIX IT PLEASE!!

1º Accepted POI location: (36840906 , -2455058)

2º Rejected POI location: (36840797 , -2455087)

1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

First, you should have read this post:

Secondly, you should look at your acceptance email, specifically this bit towards the bottom of the email:

Now, for an explanation that expands on what is said in the comment I linked to above.

When you submit a nomination, you are submitting a wayspot for Niantic's database. You're not submitting a Pokéstop/Gym, or a Portal, but your wayspot has the potential to become those things.

The database has no proximity rules, so anything that gets accepted will go into the database. However, each of Niantic's games does have a proximity rule, and these proximity rules determine whether a new wayspot will be able to sync from the database into a specific game or not.

In Ingress, the proximity rule is that a new wayspot must be at least 20 metres from an existing Ingress Portal in order to get added to the Portal network. Your wayspot fails this check, because it is within 20 metres of Graffiti Rural, and that's why it doesn't show up in Ingress.

For Pokémon Go, they use a system called S2 cells. Pokémon Go Hub has a fairly decent guide on this that can explain a bit more, you can Google search for that. To explain more though, S2 cells are like an invisible grid of boxes on the map, and they come in various different sizes, ranging from level 0 (the biggest) to level 30 (the smallest).

When it comes to the proximity rule for Pokémon Go, it uses level 17 S2 cells, with a limit of one Pokéstop or Gym per level 17 S2 cell. In this case, Graffiti Rural is in the same level 17 S2 cell as your nomination, so if that appears in Pokémon Go as a Pokéstop or Gym, that's why your nomination doesn't appear.

Your wayspot may be used in other Niantic games though, and if Graffiti Rural ever gets removed, your submission would be able to replace it.