Global Reviewer Challenge - Spain
It’s almost time for our Global Reviewer Challenge in Spain. We’re incredibly excited to share more details about the challenge, some changes, and awesome rewards! We couldn’t have done it without your feedback and the contributions from our Ambassadors. Now let’s get into it as there will be lots to cover:
First, we are happy to announce an easier way for all Explorers to participate in our Wayfarer Challenges. We are introducing a new Wayfarer setting called Wayfarer Challenge, located in your Settings tab within the Wayfarer website.
By default Explorers will have this setting turned on. You will be able to turn this setting off if you wish to take a break from the challenge and review nominations from your Home and Bonus locations. Turning it back on will automatically resume your participation in the challenge.
This setting will appear in your explorer profile before the start of the challenge.
Also we changed the logic for pulling challenge reviews from the host location, they now represent a large majority when the Wayfarer Challenge is On.
- Challenge Review Date & Time: May 24, 2023 at 12:00pm UTC - June 7, 2023 at 11:59pm UTC
- Reward Distribution: June 8, 2023 - June 21, 2023
Wayspot Resolution Goal and Rewards:
There are also some changes to the goals and rewards logic. You will see that there are now rewards for Community goals and Individual goals so let’s break that down:
Community Rewards: Community Rewards will be given to all Explorers who participated in the challenge by reviewing 50 nominations or more from Spain during the period of the challenge if a tier goal is reached. Similar to our previous challenges, only one set of rewards will be distributed based on the tier reached. These tiers are based on the number of Wayspot nominations resolved (approved or rejected) within the two weeks span needed to qualify for the Community Rewards.
Individual Rewards: Individual Rewards will be distributed to individuals who participated in the challenge and reviewed the number of Spain nominations specified for each tier. Again, only one set of rewards will be awarded based on how many Spain Reviews you do during the challenge review timeframe.
*Wayfarer Rewards will be rewarded per Wayfarer Account, not per game account*
Eligibility for Rewards:
- You are eligible to participate in the challenge if you are an eligible Wayfarer reviewer (meaning you are at least Level 37 Trainer in Pokémon GO or Level 10 Agent in Ingress and have passed the quiz)
- A target Wayspot resolution goal has been met; and you review at least 50 nominations from Spain during the reviewing portion of the challenge.
- We will confirm whether the Wayspot Resolution Goal has been met and if so, which Tier. The rewards distributed will be based on the Wayspot resolution goal status (Tier 1, Tier 2, or Tier 3) at the end of the campaign. Only one set of rewards will be distributed, such that:
- If at least Tier 1 is reached and you have reviewed 50 or more Wayspots, you will receive one set of Tier 1 rewards.
- If Tier 2 is reached, and you have reviewed 50 or more Wayspots during the Challenge, you will receive one set of Tier 2 rewards.
- If Tier 3 is reached, and you have reviewed 50 or more Wayspots during the Challenge, you will receive one set of Tier 3 rewards.
- Game rewards will be distributed by email in the form of a passcode(s), and to your Wayfarer account directly in which you are an eligible Wayfarer reviewer. For example, if you are a Trainer level 37 and an Agent level 5, you will only receive Pokémon GO rewards. If you are eligible in both games, you will receive the rewards in both by June 21, 2023.
- Wayfarer Rewards will be rewarded per Wayfarer Account, not per game account
- Given the above, rewards will be distributed between June 8, 2023 and June 21, 2023.
If you are eligible to participate but have not used Wayfarer before, prepare in advance by creating an account linked to your Pokémon GO or Ingress profiles. After you have signed in, check out the Criteria page and take a quick quiz to learn the basics of Niantic Wayfarer, such as reviewing and voting on nominated Wayspots.
We are very excited to be hosting this challenge for our Explorer Community in Spain. If you have any questions, please ask them in the Spain Challenge categories coming soon!
Check out the discussion and other questions HERE!
-The Wayfarer Team