Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Bug Hotels

I've been seeing a lot of bug hotels (artificial insect shelter that looks like houses) submitted as of late and I have a couple questions regarding them:

• I generally accepts larger ones, and I see quite a few being approved, because I consider them to tie in with the wayfarer's value of exploration and community. Creating a sustainable and healthy ecosystem is crucial to keep those parks and trails enjoyable to visit. Plus I think they serve an indirect educational purpose by reminding passersby of the importance of these critters we're often too quickly swat with the sole of our shoes. Am I correct in my assessment?
  • Considering point 1 as valid, comes the question of size. Some are quite big 1.5m to 2m tall, 1+m wide. Others are however no bigger than a bird house. Would size alone be enough to disqualify the smaller ones if they're permanent fixtures in public places? If so what would be the approximate minimum size to make them eligible?

Thank you in advance for your help

Answers