It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.
Sign In with Ingress Sign In with Pokémon GO
51.833519,4.654973 - Dog **** trash can
51.83292,4.654073 - Trash container
51.832564,4.652927 - Trash containers. Plural.
51.832345,4.652403 - Street name with house number directions
51.832964,4.651764 - Another street name sign
51.83329,4.65233 - Trash container
51.831721,4.657038 - Another trash container
New accepted coal + showcase coal.
Poi 1 :
Poi 2 :
Poi 3 :
Should we keep posting rubbish entries in this thread, or is Niantic taking a pro-active approach and reviewing things that went live these last couple of weeks?
Because today my town was flooded with items such as the gate to a sheep pasture, a generic bar, a barely visible rubbish graffiti, ...
Others we've seen lately are a sign inidicating a roundabout, taken from the car and named "monument to a roundabout"; a bus stop; the festival grounds of a festival now ended, ...
Maybe add some extra Report categories in-game, so we can submit them this way?
Just keep posting, the Ambassadors will help collecting reports and send it to Niantic.
Poi 2 :
poi 4 :
Placed inside a building
Poi 5 :
Same issue placed in someone's backyard
Poi 4 & 5 seem to be real only located wrong in private property's so they only need to be moved to the right location.
Just how many of these are already reported in this forum?
"fresque au sol de l'anamorphose": 50.485617588834444, 2.6608313624605713.
Current location is clearly incorrect (on a building). The POI itself is currently going through Wayfarer under a different name, but on the correct location.
Another list of coal and other **** I came across:
Portal name - Intel link - Rejection reason (in my opinion).
- Welkomstbord Optisport Waalslag https://intel.ingress.com/?pll=51.896227,5.417087 - Duplicate
- Funny critters https://intel.ingress.com/?pll=51.896613,5.418759 - Private Property
- Waypoint "Zwolle, Heteren" https://intel.ingress.com/?pll=51.897085,5.419037 - Private Property
- Welkomstbord ProHapto https://intel.ingress.com/?pll=51.897248,5.420174 - Coal
- 1800s Entrance Marker Tiel https://intel.ingress.com/?pll=51.897563,5.417867 - Duplicate
- Mini parkje https://intel.ingress.com/?pll=51.897912,5.41925 - Coal
- Bird lady https://intel.ingress.com/?pll=51.898588,5.420447 - Private Property
- Green fist Graffiti art https://intel.ingress.com/?pll=51.900034,5.42011 - Coal
- Peter Griffin art https://intel.ingress.com/?pll=51.900101,5.420662 - Coal
- "Huisarts praktijk Drumpt" https://intel.ingress.com/?pll=51.897203,5.421262 - Coal & hindrance to emergency services
- Curl up statue https://intel.ingress.com/?pll=51.896548,5.422152 - Private Property
- Ouroboros welness https://intel.ingress.com/?pll=51.896027,5.422577 - Private Property & coal
- Attentie Buurtpreventie Schepenbuurt https://intel.ingress.com/?pll=51.898839,5.422596 - Coal
- Slide de Schouw https://intel.ingress.com/?pll=51.898504,5.422446 - Duplicate
- Pigeon weather vane https://intel.ingress.com/?pll=51.898076,5.422033 - Private Property & coal
- Atelier Bennani https://intel.ingress.com/?pll=51.897755,5.422296 - Private Property & coal
- Cute Lanturn https://intel.ingress.com/?pll=51.89801,5.424539 - Private property
- Attentie Buurtpreventie bord https://intel.ingress.com/?pll=51.897688,5.424767 - Coal
- Honden mogen niet in de speeltuin! https://intel.ingress.com/?pll=51.89844,5.425318 - Coal
- Soccer goal with a Basketball hoop https://intel.ingress.com/?pll=51.899414,5.424983 - Duplicate
- bridge over the water https://intel.ingress.com/?pll=51.898605,5.425863 - Wrong location & coal
- Carpe Diem sign https://intel.ingress.com/?pll=51.895158,5.425501 - Coal (& possible hindrance as these are retirement homes)
- Lingestate https://intel.ingress.com/?pll=51.894946,5.423756 - Coal (& possible hindrance as these are retirement homes)
- Entrance sign Lingehorst https://intel.ingress.com/?pll=51.894772,5.424704 - Coal (& possible hindrance as these are retirement homes)
- De Wissel Monument https://intel.ingress.com/?pll=51.894202,5.425527 - K12 school
- Brug over het water Linge https://intel.ingress.com/?pll=51.89362,5.426453 - Coal
- Bridge over the Water Westrooijen https://intel.ingress.com/?pll=51.895378,5.42597 - Coal
- The bird https://intel.ingress.com/?pll=51.897177,5.429138 - Private property
- Informatiebord Jongerenplek Westrooijen https://intel.ingress.com/?pll=51.897015,5.431165 - Coal
- Faceless Enemy Tattoo https://intel.ingress.com/?pll=51.899294,5.431999 - Private property & coal
- Dunkin' Donuts pop-up store https://intel.ingress.com/?pll=51.899416,5.435543 - Coal
- Artsy Trash Bin https://intel.ingress.com/?pll=51.893067,5.428766 - Coal & next to a K12 school
- Dog Park https://intel.ingress.com/?pll=51.887592,5.414326 - Coal
- Honden mogen niet in de Speeltuin! https://intel.ingress.com/?pll=51.890314,5.432038 - Coal (also very common, almost every playground in town has one of these at the entrances)
What do you think about these?
elevator at the station laan van NOI - https://intel.ingress.com/?pll=52.078982,4.343535
(note: the actual train station is also a Wayspot: Treinstation Laan van NOI - https://intel.ingress.com/?pll=52.079214,4.342903)
Hidden Horsetngjjtfhhfdthgdbjcfgf - https://intel.ingress.com/?pll=52.154964,5.377249
As for dog parks: be very carefull with those! Some parks actually have a set out walking trail (and trail markers are eligible) which may not always be visible at first glance.
The "dog park" wayspot in question is just a small post next to a footpath, Nothing special in this case. If it were an actual dog park (those usually have fences around them and are labeled as such) I wouldn't have submitted it in here. As for that elevator, check the train stations Utrecht Centraal and Geldermalsen for example, some people have nominated the individual platforms as a Wayspot and those got accepted somehow.
The train station of Mechelen is a POI + "Track 6" - a random track that is simply at the far most end of the station (so allows for an extra Stop/Gym).
Reported several times as duplicate, but always rejected.
Old Ingress fountains are a grey area but because fountains can't be accessed by foot, they aren't eligible anymore
Poi 3 :
This is a train track bridge so no safety access for pedestrian. The pedestrian bridge is already a poi.
I have noticed that every time that the word "school" is in the title or description (i.e. "this is made by children of the local school"), the nomination is rejected because of a claim it's on K-12 school property. Some of my wayspots have been rejected because of that.
Everyhing else is just getting approved. Some ridiculous stuff is getting ingame as well in my neighbourhood...
Just another one
It should be noted here that some fake mosaic tiles reported here are either stolen directly from another Wayspot photo, or from third party sources like Instagram which they can print them as stickers and put them in random locations.
Neither way, stealing like a photo from Instagram when it is already an waypoint is a double waypoint, so is not allowed.
@NianticTintino-ING , @Elijustrying-ING , @kawin240-ING
Can you maybe also look at the current abuse of the fake mosaic tiles being accepted? This is currently happening in Ede in the Netherlands and maybe part of the current voting abuse. Apparently they are printing out already exciting wayspots and sticker them on tiles to get poi's. The topics above give more information and there are two people answering in it who seem to make these "fake" mosaic tiles.
Picture is a screenshot of Google maps.
Similar abuse tile as in Ede.
strange accepted POI even in Germany
Nothing but normal traffic signs.
Description: "Children at play, private property, dead end"
Even that sign says: "Privatgelände ... "
How can this got accepted?
kind of lame how you feel the need to report these. Isn't having more portals/stops a boon to everyone? Or are you the kind of person to keep others down to keep yourself elevated?
But whatever, lame people found in the lame forum for a lame company. No surprises there.
Often less is more. We don't just want a bunch of wayspots. Then these could also be randomly generated. We want something that is real and conforms to the rules!
I find a lot of trash nominations
One of the worst was a festival got nominated i rejected it yet it got through...
I also saw the street, streetnames, trashcans, numbers where there is water in the ground and those signs are literally everywhere, i also saw a few doubles exactly the same on the same place
Complain about those dumb things instead of saying cafés/pubs are not eligble
A lot of people come together there, B you can do some activity there playing with cards, darts, maybe pooling, C a lot of cafés are actually the only one in an entire town.
Also i found pictures with watermarks that were accepted that i gave 1* for watermarks
I think they might done something about it because everything that i nominated myself went through really fast and now didn't got any mails that something was accepted or not back to waiting months...
When it comes to Wayfarer, ignorance would seem to breed more ignorance (in other words, there is a "bandwagon effect"). I can imagine a player coming across a Wayspot that perhaps never should have been accepted and assuming that because such a Wayspot is in the game already, when they come across something similar it's a good candidate to nominate (or review such a thing favourably). There may well be "kabal" in one area and then somebody who is not local passes through and (without knowing any better) sees the abuse and assumes such Wayspots are okay because "they are in the game already" and so the ignorance spreads.
Perhaps I am being too generous in giving "the benefit of the doubt", but it seems to me that a lot of people here are too quick to conclude "it's a local kabal" or "it's abuse" (because the player would have to knowingly submit something that does not meet the criteria), when in a lot of causes, the situation could be more easily explained by the "bandwagon effect". I look at these nominations and instead conclude: "too many people still do not know the criteria". There are plenty of Wayspots that were once eligible that are no longer good candidates to be accepted and players may see those and think "I can nominate my local memorial bench" (as an example). To be clear, I am NOT in favour of removing once eligible Wayspots simply because the criteria has changed, because lines can be very blurry, and where that line should be drawn will cause a lot of arguments and unnecessary drama.
In a court of law, intent is an exceedingly hard thing to prove. I need to be clear in that I am NOT saying abuse or "local kabals" do not exist, but that we need to be certain we are not including false positives. I suppose too, ignorance is not necessarily a good defence in a court of law but I need to emphasise intent is really hard to prove. I believe the simpler explanation of "it's the bandwagon effect in action" is the better one.
There a lot of crummy Wayspots in this thread, so I hope Niantic reaches out to these people who nominated those Wayspots in an official capacity and explains to them why those Wayspots are not acceptable. I would like Niantic to keep a closer eye on those people whose Wayspots in this thread they removed because if, after being told by Niantic personally, they continue to nominate such "coal", then that would certainly constitute abuse. It's quite disheartening to see people nominating stuff on their private property still (not counting apartment complexes, but their single-family residence).
51.807488,4.686574 - A roundabout! Literally.
51.807051,4.686859 - Someone's name. With the following photo:
(and same roundabout in the background).
@AScarletSabre-PGO people in my area have knowingly started to nominate generic bus stops, because several have already been accepted lately. Logic used: "It doesn't matter anymore anyway, Niantic is reaping what they sowed".
I'm personally at a point where I think they should block Wayfarer submissions all around, with a statement that this is due to a wave of abuse and non-eligible submissions being approved without control.
Block any new submissions and review everything that went live in the last 1-2 months, remove anything that is clearly not eligible.
I have seen similar statements on discord and other platforms that people are now indeed sending extra coal nominations because everything get accepted so why would they not get the perks for a home poi if others get a home poi.
A lot of people also think this is a bug from wayfarer. There was even a Dutch pokemon website stating that this "bug" was there and that the ambassadors were working on it. So it's currently known in the Netherlands: do you want a easy poi send something in it's getting accepted.
What is not a good sign, is that there are now extra people that are currently sending in coal because a few think it's now oke or just don't care and send in everything they find because it's get accepted.