Exclusive New Pokémon GO Feature Comes to Explorers - Routes Creation - Discussion

Comments

• GribbsterK-PGOGribbsterK-PGO Posts: 51 ✭✭

I have submitted a total of 9 routes. 5 on 6/21 and 4 on 6/22. All are currently under review. Does anyone have their routes published yet?

• The26thDoctor-PGOThe26thDoctor-PGO Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • EverdarkRaven-PGOEverdarkRaven-PGO Posts: 9 ✭✭✭
    edited June 23

I was able to get one route under review. Another route that I've been trying to submit won't go through, I've tried 3 or 4 times now, it keeps saying "Congrats" but doesn't show under submitted routes.

Edit: I restarted my game to see if that would make it show and now the route under review isn't showing :(

• Clavinp-PGOClavinp-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭

Do these have to be walking routes? There's a 12 mile (just under the 20km limit) bike path near me that I would like to map out. Obviously that would be a very long walk, but the idea is that people would bike it. Maybe stopping at certain points along the way to catch Pokémon. I myself would likely bike it while setting it. Is this acceptable? Or do we need to limit ourselves to walking speed?

• tp235-INGtp235-ING Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

40000km is indeed a long way. LOL.

I am stating that it would be good to extend the upper limit of 2km to 4km or more.

This would be good for your health and give you more freedom in Route.

• Shilfiell-INGShilfiell-ING Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have four routes created - on the Profile page I see two 6/22 badges under Created Routes, both marked as "Under Review" - but when I go into my List I see both those routes in the Published section, with my first and oldest from 6/21 the only one in the "Under Review" section. The information shown when I click on one of the Published ones does seem to support the fact that it is indeed published, although that information is just raw tags with a bit of art and dividers tossed in. I know, it's early days still - but I can't wait to see what that screen looks like when polished up a bit!

• XK150-INGXK150-ING Posts: 131 ✭✭✭
    edited June 23

You should have expected routes wouldn't have trainer-submitted images. Judging agent-submitted images is the hardest part of mission approval, and Niantic employees weren't going to repeat that design mistake.

On the other hand, route approval will probably fly, compared to mission approval, just because reviewers don't need to stare at tiny image icons, wondering "Is that copyright infringement?"

• LetsGoBoufalant-PGOLetsGoBoufalant-PGO Posts: 12 ✭✭

Route BUG?

I submitted 1 on 6/21 and it is Under Review.

I submitted a second Route on 6/22, and it had shown it was Under Review, but now has disappeared entirely. I’m back to just the original submission.

• rodensteiner-INGrodensteiner-ING Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, best it is that there isnt ANOTHER photo to be approved/rejected. Just select one of the Pokestops at the Route.

My final submission of today disappeared too. It went through as normal but isn't showing. I'm unable to create any more so it was accepted as a submission.

@NianticTintino-ING Do you know how much info we can and can't say about routes?

I'm interested in how other players are writing theirs and how they are doing their route path.

Here's my disappeared into the ether one which is annoying as it was a fun one to do.

Greyfriars Kirk

Learn about The National Covenant which was signed in this 1562 Kirk and ultimately led to the beheading of a king, the story of a famous loyal dog and the grave of Thomas Riddle that inspired an Edinburgh author.

Take a picnic like the locals and watch the guides shepherd tourists through the cities long and gory past.

• MaxEtMoritz-PGOMaxEtMoritz-PGO Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited June 23

I agree, but i imagine it (at least in some cases) to be equally hard staring at a blurry satellite imagery wondering if that route is going over private property or not.

When i first posted, i was unaware of the option to choose the picture of the start or end wayspot. Posters before have only written about the color you can choose and just colors sounded very boring to me. Choosing a picture of the wayspots involved is a good compromise and highlights the actual real-world objects more than in some ingress missions and banners. You can even challenge yourself to find a good wayspot to start / end your route on so that the wayspot (picture) relates to the route theme, like e.g. starting a bike tour route (@Clavinp-PGO yes, i also already thought about submitting a biking route) at a bicycle-related wayspot.

• natujiiji-INGnatujiiji-ING Posts: 25 ✭✭

昨日作成されたルートはレビューから欠落しており、公開されたバージョンにはありません。

これはレビューが拒否されたためですか?

• WoodWose-PGOWoodWose-PGO Posts: 124 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 24

I've submitted a few routes now, mostly without issue.

But, I have encountered two problems so far:

1) I was about 3/4ths the way through creating a route when I decided to pause as I had to walk around a big truck that was blocking the sidewalk and I didn't want the detour included in the route. After un-pausing, the route appeared to continue recording as normal for about 5 meters, at which point it stopped doing anything route-related on the map despite the menus still indicating the game was actively recording the route (and I was still able to walk around, spin and catch as normal.) Once I reached the intended end of the route, I was not able to finish creating it as the game didn't seem to recognize I was at the selected endpoint.

2) I was recording a rather long route. Close to the end, my GPS sent my character flying off to another location about 300m away for a split second, the entire thing was recorded and ruined the whole route.

このルートは毎日午前9.00時にのみ作成できますか?

• EverdarkRaven-PGOEverdarkRaven-PGO Posts: 9 ✭✭✭

It would be cool if we could use any picture that has been accepted for the Pokestop, that way we could have a unique route and pokestop picture.

Any issues I've had seem to be related to a drop in my signal, pause the route etc.

I'd definitely be put off using it regularly if bugs and errors went unfixed.

The role of ROUTE_PLAY_REPORT_ROUTE_BOUTTON within the route under review is not known.

Ugh...app crash every time I try to create a route again.

• GribbsterK-PGOGribbsterK-PGO Posts: 51 ✭✭
    edited June 24

Happened to me earlier today as well. I had to restart my phone to fix it.

Took a detour that added an hour on to my day to redo this and it has disappeared again after submitting :/

• CopperChick-PGOCopperChick-PGO Posts: 231 ✭✭✭

I tried it today and don't understand the either way toggle. It asks if you can go either way and I didn't click the toggle and my submitted route says you can go both ways.

• MRTHEAWESOME-PGOMRTHEAWESOME-PGO Posts: 44 ✭✭✭

Tried to make a route last night, but when I got to the page to customize the route badge, I was unable to use the interface to pick a photo. The on screen text reads:

"Select an image for tour Route Badge:

Title"

I cannot click anything on this screen and cannot complete my route. Has anyone else had this issue?

• ApplPsydarr-PGOApplPsydarr-PGO Posts: 139 ✭✭✭

I've done 4 so far. Have to restart in order to see routes in my route area. They have gotten approved fairly quickly. I can't do more at the moment because it gives me the spinny wheel even with full 5G. I had to uninstall and reinstall in order to do these first 4 so I don't feel like doing that again. I don't want to have to uninstall the game everytime the game breaks. So for now I'll say it was a nice walk creating those 4 and I hope to make many more.

• Glawhantojar-PGOGlawhantojar-PGO Posts: 64 ✭✭✭

I have had 2 of my route submissions not show up in my creator list. I got all the way through my submission and it said "Congratulations you've submitted your route" but it's not in my list. I didn't think anything of it then because a couple of the others I've done took a little bit to show up, however, it's been a couple of hours and they still aren't there.

Is there a way to double check they went through, or should I go and resubmit them? I don't want to bog down the system with 3 or 4 duplicated route submissions.

22nd - The first was approved within a couple of hours. The second crashed the game and needed a game reinstall, third and fourth appeared but are still in review, fifth disappeared completely.

23rd - First went into review and stayed there, second crashed the game and needed a reinstall of the game, third and fourth are still in review with the second after redoing it. Fifth disappeared completely.

24th - First crashed the game then was approved in a few hours after redoing it, second went into review, third went into review. Fourth disappeared completely. Fifth was approved within a few hours.

About half of all these submissions have had various bugs where I can't choose the end point, I drift away from the poi, pausing the route means it need a restart of the game or the route itself. Sometimes I get to choose the image from the start and end point, sometimes only one image will show up.

They are enjoyable to create but it's a lot effort with that many bugs and errors.

This was approved though so it's not all bad :)

Journey Through Time and Place

Explore the history of the 1930's Police Boxes that once stood on Edinburgh's streets. Now disused with the few remaining giving a glimpse of a time gone by. A cultural icon after 1963 due to Doctor Who and their time travelling adventures in a Police Box.

• TheQueensPurse-PGOTheQueensPurse-PGO Posts: 13 ✭✭

I haven’t been having too many problems with the process

15 routes submitted

9 have been published

3 in Review

3 disappeared into the void.

hopefully we get some answers from Niantic soon if the ones that disappear mean that they were rejected, or were just lost or are just not showing up (in some other state)