How to give an address while nominating a pokestop via Wayfarer?

Hi, I had to withdraw a Pokestop nomination becoz I noticed the address was wrong (of a neighbor). How can I chose/ input a correct address or drop a pin ensuring the game is recognizing my correct address. Note- Once a Pokestop is nominated, you cannot change address. Lost an upgrade too once I withdrew :(

Best Answers

• 29andCounting-PGO29andCounting-PGO Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

when you make the nomination, you should be able to move the pin on the screen to make sure it’s in the correct spot.

• HappyAtul-PGOHappyAtul-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi, I posted the pin correctly. this is my 3rd nomination. the other 2 were picked correctly by google maps. Note - this is my apartment community complex and entrance/ gym/ pools/ community garden within same.

Since I am a a way fare reviewer as well -I try to validate the address most of the time that Google computes and try to validate them on G Maps for posterity.

I wish Wayfarer would have a way to manually enter the address too than just trying to compute it from location of the pin alone (which is incorrect in my case, as it picked my neighbor street address).

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,316 Ambassador
    Answer ✓

Hello and welcome @HappyAtul-PGO

The address is irrelevant. The only time this address field appears is during review.Several months ago there were changes in the display of information to reviewers. This included that no address field was present. This shows the lack of value placed by Niantic on this information. Wayfinders explained that it was helpful. There is no intention that the address needs to be precise as it doesn’t need to be used in the assessment process. The focus should not be on the address but on the pin location and it’s accuracy that is what is assessed.

Answers

• 29andCounting-PGO29andCounting-PGO Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

when you make the nomination, you should be able to move the pin on the screen to make sure it’s in the correct spot.

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭✭✭

The address data is provided by Google and is an approximation based on their map data. It's very rarely spot on. So long as you put the pin in the right place, that's all that really matters. You didn't need to withdraw your nomination based on the address being displayed, as the address data isn't what is used to determine the placement of the location pin.

Also, it sounds like you might be trying to nominate something at your house, judging by your wording. If your nomination is on private residential property, it should be rejected.

• HappyAtul-PGOHappyAtul-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi, I posted the pin correctly. this is my 3rd nomination. the other 2 were picked correctly by google maps. Note - this is my apartment community complex and entrance/ gym/ pools/ community garden within same.

Since I am a a way fare reviewer as well -I try to validate the address most of the time that Google computes and try to validate them on G Maps for posterity.

I wish Wayfarer would have a way to manually enter the address too than just trying to compute it from location of the pin alone (which is incorrect in my case, as it picked my neighbor street address).

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,316 Ambassador
    Answer ✓

Hello and welcome @HappyAtul-PGO

The address is irrelevant. The only time this address field appears is during review.Several months ago there were changes in the display of information to reviewers. This included that no address field was present. This shows the lack of value placed by Niantic on this information. Wayfinders explained that it was helpful. There is no intention that the address needs to be precise as it doesn’t need to be used in the assessment process. The focus should not be on the address but on the pin location and it’s accuracy that is what is assessed.

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭✭✭

When you're reviewing you should look only at the pin location, the street address that is displayed doesn't matter.