Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Receiving reviews from wrong location

Hi, I am constantly seeing reviews from the UK even though I don't live there, I am not playing there currently and don't have my bonus location set to there. 

Tagged:
2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

I note from your post history that you did visit the UK a while ago. I assume since you got back home that you've been playing Pokémon Go plenty, but I also note you have an Ingress account. You should try hacking a few portals in your home country.

I realise you rarely use Ingress, and you're not eligible to use Wayfarer through your Ingress account, but the fact that your Ingress account is linked to your Wayfarer account means it does have an impact on your recently played location, and for whatever reason it often seems to have priority over Pokémon Go when it comes to this. So hack a few portals, and then see if anything changes within 48 hours when it comes to what you're getting to review.

• ArcherApollo007-PGOArcherApollo007-PGO Posts: 20 ✭✭

Thanks for the suggestions.

I did hack a portal approx 6 weeks ago. It has made no difference to the reviews I receive.

So I spent the weekend hacking portals, but I am still receiving UK reviews.

It's been a week from my last update. I continue to play ingress regularly as well as pokemon go however I am still receiving nominations from the UK. I usually get two to 4 a day depending on hour frequently I log in. I am assuming that these are from the upgrade pool given their geographic distribution and frequency.

Is anyone looking it to this?

I'm still getting review from the UK even though I was was only there for a week in February and live 4,160 mi in Barbados. Playing Ingress seem to have made no difference in convincing Niantic of where I am actually located.