Improving "Hometown Location"

The current definition for your Hometwon Location is "a place where you grew up, went to school, or any location with which you’re familiar." But let's be honest, we hardly ever get wayspot suggestions to review where we actually know the places well. 

The city where I live (and which I have also set as my Hometwon Location) is relatively close to the border with France. So I get quite a lot of wayspots from France to review, even though I don't know any French. And I'm sure some of you are in similar situations.

So, in my opinion, it would be better if instead of a "Hometown Location", you could choose a "Home Country" or (even better) a "Home Language".

You would then only get Wayspots from this country or in this language and would not have to start the translator every time you get a Wayspot in another language.

What do you think about the suggestion?

Comments

• rufoushumming-PGOrufoushumming-PGO Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023

Everything is risky. I like it.

I never select home town so I get an entire continent and associated islands ;-) My review region can be somewhere 4,000K away or in my home town!!!

But it is all one language. So I am lucky. I do like the country selector though. Hmmmm

For you - you would get better (easier) nominations to review. For sure.