Rejected Removal Appeals

Hello.

Title of the Wayspot: 無事かえる

City: 南牟婁郡紀宝町

Screenshot of the Rejection Email:

Location obstructs the driveways of emergency services or may interfere with the operations of fire stations, police stations, hospitals, military bases, industrial sites, power plants, or air traffic control towers

I spoke with a police officer at the police box, but this Wayspot is managed by the police station.

I obtained permission from the police officer to take the photo.

You can also check it from street view.

https://goo.gl/maps/GaYXufSsiY2BsrDJ9

Comments

• NenaGA-INGNenaGA-ING Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited December 2023

This spot is no longer available, probably because the landowner, the police, directly requested Niantic to remove it.

thank you.

• miracleYanng-PGOmiracleYanng-PGO Posts: 83 ✭✭

(English)NenaGA-ING SANN Hello.

I just saw this thread and am very surprised.This is because the Weyspot in question was one that I reviewed when it was submitted.

Of course, I checked Google Maps and found that the applicant had submitted a manipulated photo that did not show the police box, so I rejected it as a ``malicious application.''But for some reason it seems to have been approved afterwards. There seems to be a big problem with the quality of the reviewers.

(日本語)NenaGA-ING さん、こんにちは。

私は今このスレッドを見て、大変驚いています。この問題のWeyspotは申請された際に私が審査した案件だったからです。

もちろん私はGoogleマップで確認し、この申請者が交番が写らない用、操作した写真をもって申告していたので、「悪質な申請」として、否認しました。しかしその後なぜか承認されたようですね。審査者のレベルには大きな問題があるようです。

• NenaGA-INGNenaGA-ING Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited December 2023

(English) miracleYanng-PGO san

Hello

Thank you for making the right decision.

I also remember that a long time ago, I rejected the same thing in an examination.

This object may have been claimed multiple times.

While this location clearly falls under the disapproval criteria, we have seen several instances in the Ingress Wayfarer community in the past where Niantic denied requests to remove police department Wayspots.

It cannot be denied that different countries have different ideas about safety standards.

In this case, even if approved, the location was still inappropriate, so we took immediate action.

However, due to no response from Niantic, there was a considerable delay in reporting the results.

I am terribly sorry.

(日本語) miracleYanng-PGO さん

こんにちは

正しい判断をしていただきありがとうございます。

私も昔、同じものを審査で却下したことを覚えています。

このオブジェクトは何度も申請された可能性があります。

この場所は明らかに不承認の基準に該当すると思いますが、過去に Ingress Wayfarer コミュニティで、Niantic が警察署のWayspotの削除リクエストを拒否したのをいくつか確認しことがあります。

国によって安全基準に対する考えが異なるのは否めません。

今回の場合、たとえ承認されても不適切な場所であることに変わりはありませんでしたので、早急に対応させていただきました。

しかし、Nianticからの返答がなかったため、結果報告はかなり遅れてしまいました。

申し訳ございませんでした。

• NianticLCNianticLC Posts: 4,249 admin

Thanks for the appeal, @NenaGA-ING. After reviewing the additional evidence provided, we’ve decided to retire the Wayspot in question.