Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Unique Generic Business Center?

Or I should say, "Generic Business Center but with Unique Architecture?"

This one popped out just now. It's a business center building, but this submitter claim that the building has "unique" architecture.

Supporting Information: "Visually unique architecture. There's a pedestrian walkway into and inside the building. The building is visually distinct from other nearby building, "unique architecture". Apologize if the photo was taken from the other side of the street so it's clearly visible."

From what I saw about the building via Google, the building is just a regular business center, without any information that make the building 'special' or 'unique'. All I saw is the building has many office spaces that were offered for rent.

So, would this kind of building eligible under unique architecture, or ineligible under generic business?

Thank you.

Answers

• Faversham71-INGFaversham71-ING Posts: 306 ✭✭✭✭

I'm no expert on modern architecture, but without the submitter presenting some evidence of awards/accolades from architectural bodies I'd reject it.

• TheBwad-PGOTheBwad-PGO Posts: 29 ✭✭✭

Looks exactly like hundreds of buildings I've seen. Generic indeed, unless the nomination showed excellent cause for it being notable, it's a 1* from me.

• NorthSeaPoet-INGNorthSeaPoet-ING Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like generic modern architecture to me. Hardly stands out. Would need evidence provided that it's super unique or significant in some way.

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,253 Ambassador

I agree with the above comments.

To me, the building looks like it would blend in with any city skyline and hardly stands out. However you can certainty compare it with the local area, as it sounds like you have done, and still assess it as generic.

Some examples of truly eye-catching architecture can be found on Google, but even something as "generic" is a building as that could still be eligible if there was signage or a placard or a website explaining what makes that building unique and different from the others.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unless the building is designed by a renowned architect or it is well known for its architecture, it is not eligible.