All Aboard! - Global Reviewer Challenge
The All Aboard Challenge taking place in Italy, France, and Germany will start tomorrow at 12:00pm PDT and we’re excited to share more details about the challenge. Please see below for the full details, renewed counter, and rewards!
First, we are happy to announce that we have added an individual counter to our banner. You should now see both an individual counter and a community counter, allowing you to keep track of your progress and the community's progress towards the different tiers. Additionally, we are also happy to announce that the counter now comes in all of the languages currently supported by Niantic Wayfarer. These changes can be viewed in the Showcase tab at the top of the screen. We suggest you refresh the showcase page to get the most up to date information.
As introduced last time, you will be able to participate in the challenge by turning on your Wayfarer Challenge setting in the Settings tab. By default Explorers will have this setting turned on. You will be able to turn this setting off if you wish to take a break from the challenge and review nominations from your Home and Bonus locations. Turning it back on will automatically resume your participation in the challenge. Similarly to our previous challenge, challenge reviews will be pulled based on the country code.
Note that turning the setting on and off does not reset your individual counter, all previous reviews are retained.
- Challenge Kick-Off
- Italy: 09/27/2023 at 12:00pm PDT
- France: 09/29/2023 at 12:00pm PDT
- Germany: 10/02/2023 at 12:00pm PDT
- Challenge Ends
- 10/04/2023 12:00pm PDT
- Reward Distribution
- 10/05/2023 - 10/18/2023
Wayspot Resolution Goal and Rewards:
Community Rewards: Community Rewards will be given to all Explorers who participated in the challenge by reviewing 50 nominations or more from the challenge countries during the period of the challenge if a tier goal is reached. Similar to our previous challenges, only one set of rewards will be distributed based on the tier reached. These tiers are based on the number of Wayspot nominations resolved (approved or rejected) within the 1-week span needed to qualify for the Community Rewards. Rewards have been rebalanced to more equally reward participants from either game and avoid an outweighed advantage in one or the other.
Individual Rewards: Individual Rewards will be distributed to individuals who participated in the challenge and reviewed the number of challenge country nominations specified for each tier. Again, only one set of rewards will be awarded based on how many Italy, France, Germany Reviews you do during the challenge timeframe.
*Wayfarer Rewards will be rewarded per Wayfarer Account, not per game account*
Eligibility for Rewards:
- You are eligible to participate in the challenge if you are an eligible Wayfarer reviewer (meaning you are at least Level 37 Trainer in Pokémon GO or Level 10 Agent in Ingress and have passed the quiz)
- A target Wayspot resolution goal has been met; and you review at least 50 nominations from Italy, France, Germany during the reviewing portion of the challenge.
- We will confirm whether the Wayspot Resolution Goal has been met and if so, which Tier. The rewards distributed will be based on the Wayspot resolution goal status (Tier 1, Tier 2, or Tier 3) at the end of the campaign. Only one set of rewards will be distributed, such that:
- If at least Tier 1 is reached and you have reviewed 50 or more Wayspots, you will receive one set of Tier 1 rewards.
- If Tier 2 is reached, and you have reviewed 50 or more Wayspots during the Challenge, you will receive one set of Tier 2 rewards.
- If Tier 3 is reached, and you have reviewed 50 or more Wayspots during the Challenge, you will receive one set of Tier 3 rewards.
- Game rewards will be distributed by email in the form of a passcode(s), and to your Wayfarer account directly in which you are an eligible Wayfarer reviewer. For example, if you are a Trainer level 37 and an Agent level 5, you will only receive Pokémon GO rewards. If you are eligible in both games, you will receive the rewards in both by October 18, 2023.
- Wayfarer Rewards will be rewarded per Wayfarer Account, not per game account
- Given the above, rewards will be distributed between October 5, 2023 and October 18, 2023.
If you are eligible to participate but have not used Wayfarer before, prepare in advance by creating an account linked to your Pokémon GO or Ingress profiles. After you have signed in, check out the Criteria page and take a quick quiz to learn the basics of Niantic Wayfarer, such as reviewing and voting on nominated Wayspots.
We are very excited to be hosting this challenge for our Explorer Community in Italy, France, and Germany . If you have any questions, please ask them in the challenge forum page coming soon!
Check out the discussion and other questions HERE!
-The Wayfarer Team