Do you think Wayfarer needs a better test?

Aquablast64-PGOAquablast64-PGO Posts: 240 ✭✭✭✭

In my opinion, the Wayfarer test is too easy and a lot of people cheat on it. I feel the test should be improved.

Personally, I would love if they incorporated videos into the test.

Do you think Wayfarer needs a better test? 47 votes

Yes
85%
AgentX1976-INGCarolFigueiraRS-PGOOchemist-INGpatsufredo-PGOPurptacular-PGOEpicyoadee-PGOTroIIfarer-INGHosette-INGflatmatt-PGOBelahzur-INGtp235-INGHankWolfman-PGOTWVer-INGPaulingZubat-PGOJoakoYako-PGODukeOfBellaire-PGOThe26thDoctor-PGOTrevorAlan-PGOxLilPoundcake-PGOKaptainSpikey-ING 40 votes
No
14%
HaramDingo-INGholdthebeer-INGsmantz0rZ-PGOGandorus-PGOArcherApollo007-PGOOmBagel-PGOgorgi1978-PGO 7 votes

Comments

• holdthebeer-INGholdthebeer-ING Posts: 190 ✭✭✭✭
    No

Not convinced that after passing "better test" people will not nominate stuff which does not meet criteria.

Of course test could be better, for example, add little library on private property, but it is not "wayfarer needs" level.

• rufoushumming-PGOrufoushumming-PGO Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭✭✭

Totally needs to be better, updated regularly

With nominators have to take it again regulalry

Including step throughs of real valid stuff with less ambiguity

With a restriction on how many can be nominated daily

With reviewers also having to be "tested" (i prefer the term onboarded) with good training that is also updated regularly. With regular honeytraps.

With a removal of things like the PGO medal and or other rewards that drive quantity not quality.

Oh the mayhem caued when Niantic holds "challenges" on Waypoint Criteria. Then issues edicts which have ZERO impact on quality. No updating of any critiera, training etc to users on the new "interpretations".

Then you have the whole people in different countries see things differently. The whole rural v regional v metro divide, interaction and understanding of the nuances of places.

And once edicts are made as to what constitutes no longer acceptable the Niantic DB is left full of the previously accepted POIs. So players see them and go oh look that was accepted mine will be too.

The whole cross over thing. So a PGO nominator thinks everything is PGO and wonders why they failed because they said great Pokestop. I learn that mistake myself.

So yes. I can keep going. Anyway where do you want to start? :-) Good question though and yes needs to be asked all the time. So we can think and see how we can improve. Thanks for asking @Aquablast64-PGO

• The26thDoctor-PGOThe26thDoctor-PGO Posts: 4,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Did anyone take the test and afterward have more insight into how reviewing and submitting functions?

• tp235-INGtp235-ING Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

I have mentioned this before, but I believe the current test is easier than even in the OPR days.

Therefore, you should have a stock of about 100 questions in each area to increase the difficulty level and to make cheat sheets on Youtube, etc. useless.

Also, there should be some kind of limitation on the number of questions that can be taken every 15 minutes.

At the very least, the time between each wrong answer and the next one should be increased. (This was mentioned by many wise wayfinders when it was introduced. The manager ignored it, but it has led to Wayfarer's current pile of garbage.)

• Axmix-PGOAxmix-PGO Posts: 26 ✭✭
    Yes

Absolutely, 1 its all over youtube etc so everyone can chat and access it anyway. 2 its far too easy for low IQ individuals to get through who dont even check photos. Looking at you DukeOfBelair-PGO

• flatmatt-PGOflatmatt-PGO Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

My biggest complaint at the moment is that the quiz still doesn't seem to reflect how reviewers would behave when given an actual nomination. Why does the quiz present reviewers with an object in an obviously invalid location (like a K-12 school or the middle of a roundabout with no crosswalk) and then ask them about location accuracy? It's like they're trying to confuse people.

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

The test will not weed out bad actors. If I had to watch a video, I will resort to the transcript. It's of which I mainly just read transcripts of podcasts. Don't have time or the data for that.

There are a few questions in the Wayfarer test that ask how to rate the location: the ones where the pin is away from the object. All it says is 3 stars - location pin is away from object, it does not say "suggest a new location".

I'd say use real-world examples or model nominations. Like "what is a good title/description/photo", what to write for a supporting statement/take a supporting photo. Model behaviours rather than condition obviously bad examples.

• gorgi1978-PGOgorgi1978-PGO Posts: 283 ✭✭✭
    No

Before testing real world examples, let's start by giving them some good real world examples and guidelines how they should be graded. If you only look at this forum, there is a lot of knowledge, discussions and insights that's getting lost after a couple of days.

For instance, some more detailed criteria and guidelines on trailmarkers are hidden somewhere in a post.

When you look at the wayfarer challenge forum, guides regarding specific countries including examples (without too much detail yet) were given.

Focus first on the eligbility criteria (and give examples), next on the acceptance criteria.

A beautifull statue in the middle of a roundabout is perfectly eligible, but not acceptable and thus should be rejected.

• yutakababa123-INGyutakababa123-ING Posts: 42 ✭✭
    Yes

まず、テストの対象が自身の所属する国でないことが問題です。

テストの内容が実際の審査にあまり結びつくものではないため、

良いwayspotとされた事例やNianticにより悪質と判断され削除されたwayspot、

それぞれを対象者の国内から選出し、実際の事例を元にテストを行わせるべきです。

• Eneeoh-PGOEneeoh-PGO Posts: 682 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't know.

I took the test a looong time ago. I don't know about any modifications to it since then.

I do think the 'Featured Wayspot' thing should only contain curated excellent content that hallmarks what a desirable candidate looks like, rather than highlighting whatever managed to get through voting recently.

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

I also think that the "keep trying until you get lucky and pass" change has not been good. When I took the OPR test many years ago you got one try, and if you failed you got another one 30 (?) days later. If you failed twice that was your last shot. Allowing people to keep trying essentially as often as they want does not seem like a good thing to me.

• AgentX1976-INGAgentX1976-ING Posts: 584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Not necessarily a better test, but probably a few more "honey pots" not in a way to get people in trouble but a way to educate people on habits that they may have picked up. This would definitely take some time and would need to be curated in different regions. But especially when Wayfair criteria are updated it would be nice to throw a couple of examples of what is good and what isn't good into the mix with maybe rewards for getting it correct, and education and guidance on ones that are not correct.

• smantz0rZ-PGOsmantz0rZ-PGO Posts: 349 ✭✭✭✭
    No

The test itself isn't necessarily the issue. There are a number of factors which bias reviewers, such as the need to get Agreements, and what is already shown on the in-game map.

It certainly wouldn't hurt for Wayfinders to be forced to re-review the criteria every time a criteria update comes through. The current method of clarifying criteria via the forum doesn't get seen by enough people.

• Yes

Also level cap must be raised, that's why Wayfarer is full of coal in many places

• pokemus61-PGOpokemus61-PGO Posts: 33 ✭✭
    Yes

Questions need to be asked about the new rules

• The26thDoctor-PGOThe26thDoctor-PGO Posts: 4,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Aquablast64-PGOAquablast64-PGO Posts: 240 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

I have seen plenty of Level 50 Pokemon players submit bad nominations, so I do not think the idea of raising the Level cap would actually solve anything. It have nothing to do with the level cap. It have to do with the individuals. A new test would likely gatekeep a lot of these bad submitters from submitting.

Yes

I agree with the view that the level cap has been lowered too low. It was indeed lowered too much.

But it would be difficult to raise the level cap again.

• Aquablast64-PGOAquablast64-PGO Posts: 240 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

In my eyes, the level cap is not the issue. It is the individuals not being educated enough prior to submitting. Level 50 players can be even worse at submitting than Level 37 players.

• TrevorAlan-PGOTrevorAlan-PGO Posts: 992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Sure? But I am also blown away by the number of people that I see complain they can't pass the current test. Like... Really? I could take it in my sleep, but okay.

Yes

If man can't pass a test at that level on the first try, Wayfinder is not for you.

This is the level where you take a test to spell eraser and there is a product on your desk labeled eraser right in front of you.

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

It might not solve anything, but that hasn't stopped the Ingress team from messing with the submission levels recently. They raised the level for submitting title and description edits from 8 to 10 for some reason.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's because they are in such a rush to start submitting "Pokestops" that they don't take time to read the criteria in the first place.

• KaptainSpikey-INGKaptainSpikey-ING Posts: 46 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Yes

Wayfarer needs much more than a better test although that couldn't hurt.

There's so much lacking, from proper information on criteria, communication and clarifications from Niantic. A huge lack of explanation on how to make a good submission with proper supporting info, and also how to navigate reviews effectively.

The whole system needs a complete overhaul, this has been promised but as with everything Niantic do, nothing much seems to be happening or communicated.