Any reason why this wouldnt be accepted?

And how can I get this to pass? Wasnt upgraded.

Its not on residential property (its across the street) and it is definitely not seasonal or temporary.

Comments

• AScarletSabre-PGOAScarletSabre-PGO Posts: 741 ✭✭✭✭✭

You could try again since trail markers generally get accepted. It's a walking trail, correct? Those should get through. You may want to mention that the Trans-Canada trail was renamed The Great Trail in September 2016.

• SPD85-PGOSPD85-PGO Posts: 163 ✭✭✭✭

I''m going to sound like a broken record, but trail markers are surprisingly difficult to get approved. I average around 60%. I find myself having to resubmit a stop until it gets approved. I have had friends submit similar metal suburban signs, which were approved.

I think there are two potential concerns with this submission. The first is that it explicitly allows motorized vehicles (snowmobiles); what impact does this have on pedestrian safety? The second is the location; it is a metal sign in what appears to be a residential neighborhood. Although it doesn't look to be in front of a single-family home, some reviewers might be less inclined to approve it than a trail in the woods.

• Cryt3k-PGOCryt3k-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

As far as I know, you shouldn't put links in descriptions, but I dont know if its only in the wayspot description (logically) or in the additional info too, this could be a reason.

• Sugarstarzkill-PGOSugarstarzkill-PGO Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭✭

Links in just the support info ARE fine, and often the only way to provide legitimate evidence to support what you're saying. Some people may misunderstand that this and give a bad rating incorrectly. Based on the rejection reasons given, that doesn't appear to be why it was rejected in this case.

This appears to be valid to me. You maybe got the PRP rejection because theres also a sign for no trespassing, which actually confuses me a little. Why is that there/what are they telling you to not trespass onto?

• Lensington1-PGOLensington1-PGO Posts: 54 ✭✭✭

Maybe the no trespassing is related to people without a snowmobile permit using the train on one? It’s all I can think of.

I am almost positive I would have said yes to this nomination.

• FrealafGB-PGOFrealafGB-PGO Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭

I wonder if people are reacting to the "no trespassing" sign with the rejections? Perhaps you could take the main picture zoomed in to show the trail marker and triangle but exclude the no trespass sign. The supporting information would show this but from a distance, de-emphasising it.

I would accept this as is. I hope you can get it approved.

• TwoSkunks-PGOTwoSkunks-PGO Posts: 28 ✭✭

As for the alleged temporary display, this was reviewed by some unknowledgeable person who thinks the snowmobile triangle gets taken down every spring and put up every fall. You will likely need to keep resubmitting it until you get a reviewer who has better understanding.

I get why Niantic will not allow appeals but allows resubmissions. If they had the people to work through appeals, they would not need volunteers to make submissions.

• Theisman-INGTheisman-ING Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭✭

Also, don't copy the first part of the Wikipedia entry as your description, reading it instantly made me think that no one writes a description like that, and a quick check on the link you supplied and sure enough you copied it from there, which is an instant rejection on its own.

Re word the description when you resubmit it.

• Tom7481-PGOTom7481-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭

„No Trespassing“ 🤪

its not safe 🙈

• TheSFCaptain-PGOTheSFCaptain-PGO Posts: 34 ✭✭
    edited July 2020

It actually got approved the next go around with an upgrade slapped on (upgrades are the only thing I can seem to get acceptances on anymore).

Also I used a similar structure for the description this time but different wording.

Also the "No Trespassing" sign was for exactly as stated above, for snowmobilers without permits. For walkers its all-access (and has a sidewalk parallel to the walking trail itself so walkers don't get smoked by skidooers).

Thank you all!