Approved Stops approved but not visible for month

Hey all,

I have created some new stops a few month ago (3 stops in July). Somehow these stops, even though they are approved, are not set live in Pokémon Go.

At the same time stops that were approved a few month after are already visible and one stop was set up as a arena.

Are there additional criteria influencing the Pokémon stops after being approved or what is the reason for this system behaviour?

Comments

• gorgi1978-PGOgorgi1978-PGO Posts: 283 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023

Each game has their own inclusion rules, and methods to determine which waypoints will (in case of Pokemon Go) become a pokestop or Gym.

More in detail, Pokemon Go uses a system of S2-cells, where each S2 level 17 cell can contain one pokestop of gym. Further waypoints in that cell will be ignored and won't become a pokestop.

PokemonGoHub, for instance, has a further explanation on how S2 cells work. If you have a location, we can check what stops are currently preventing your nominations to appear as pokestop in Pokemon Go.

• 1) (51.2232170, 6.4526982)

2) (51.2226551, 6.4517520)

3) (51.2220252, 6.4512538)

4) (51.2226799, 6.4519485)

I don’t know how to export the location from the request so I tried to hit it as best as possible from Maps.

1). This shares the same S2 cell as "Kranz am Kirchenpark" and as a result, prevents it from appearing.

2) This shares the same S2 cell as "Denkmalschutz - Kreuz auf " and as a result, prevents it from appearing.

3) This shares the same S2 cell as "Bolzplatz " and as a result, prevents it from appearing.

4) This shares the same S2 cell as "Denkmalschutz - Kreuz auf " and as a result, prevents it from appearing. It also is within 20 meters of "Super Mario am Jugend", so for that reason, you don't see it at the map as well.

I've included a screenshot of the points, so you can see it for yourself.

• Thank you for the helpful explanation.

It would be helpful to prevent these stops from the start.

Is there a possibility available to preschend these cells ? And is it possible to move these requested stops to bring them outside the cells?

If they are misplaced, you could make a suggestion for a new location.

However, moving wayspots to 'game the system' could be considered as abuse and in some circumstances, Niantic acts upon those. Those inclusion rules are quite strict; I saw a waypoint to appear more or less on the border of an S2 cell. If it was for instance 50 centimeter to the right, it would probably become as pokestop.

• Hikaru588-INGHikaru588-ING Posts: 531 ✭✭✭✭

It would be helpful to prevent these stops from the start.

@PkmKaiser-PGO when you nominate a POI, you aren't nominating something just for one particular game but for Niantic's Lightship database. All approved wayspots get added to this database, it doesn't matter how close they are to each other.

Each game then syncs to this database and based on their own individual rules, they chose what wayspots to use and how they are treated.