Activated Cooldown after 10 reviews

I got hit with a cooldown on reviews after 10 of them. I reviewed like I normally do, mostly accepted but a few that were duplicates and what not. Why did this happen? I normally never get hit with a cooldown at all.

Comments

• Voodoofuu-PGOVoodoofuu-PGO Posts: 26 ✭✭

Same. I got hit with cooldown for seemingly no reason after only a dozen reviews or so. Never happened before.

• AlexMTG-PGOAlexMTG-PGO Posts: 263 ✭✭✭

I got hit with the human verification twice in approximately 20 reviews. These reviews weren't fast either.

• AlexJ1373-PGOAlexJ1373-PGO Posts: 22 ✭✭

I just got hit AGAIN after coming off the 6 hour CD after reviewing 5! This is ridiculous. Maybe it doesn't take me 5 minutes to read and make decisions and that shouldn't be held against reviewers.

• HighGuard121-PGOHighGuard121-PGO Posts: 15 ✭✭

I got hit the another 6 hour cool down after coming off one. I had been distracted and had to stop voting during a couple reviews but I still reviewed them

• ClassicRaceMan-PGOClassicRaceMan-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭

I too got a cooldown notice after I voted on a tennis court. I am very familiar with my area and when I see a spot that comes up I know about or it is very obvious from the satellite and road view, I click through pretty quick. I don't have to think about if it is safe or appropriate, etc.,.

• Voodoofuu-PGOVoodoofuu-PGO Posts: 26 ✭✭

Been trying to not get hit with cooldown today. Opening my phone and doing one every 20-30 minutes. Got through about 6 and hit with cooldown. Am I going to fast? The last one was a nomination I’m very familiar with and whizzed through it. What is triggering this cooldown?

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've done around 280 edits since the update, without a cooldown.

Before that, I did 20,000 or so reviews without a cooldown. I don't to whatever behavior sets it off. I interact with the map, photos, title - whatever I need to do to verify the nomination

• The26thDoctor-PGOThe26thDoctor-PGO Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just wait at least 25 second and haven't had a cooldown in ages.

Got hit again after 4 reviews, I think you have to have a minimum time on each review. The last one I whizzed through it since I know the place very well. I wish they would fix this ****.

Need to give a warning before hitting cool down and a shorter cool down timer. It's not my fault I've had to reject so many for schools or their local dominoes

• Aquablast64-PGOAquablast64-PGO Posts: 229 ✭✭✭✭

Cooldowns seems to occur when you are either reviewing too fast and/or reviewing too similarly between reviews. Best way to attempt to avoid them is slowdown a lot while reviewing. The time of your cooldowns is based on your rating. Good & Great can get an hour or six hour cooldowns. Poor and Fair gets two hour or twelve hour cooldowns. A year ago, the cooldowns used to be two times longer than they currently are.

Personally, I have not had a lot of cooldowns this year until this new change. Now, I keep on getting 6 hour cooldowns and yeah it is annoying.

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭

Regarding cooldowns: A speed cooldown is at base a 4 hour cooldown. A pattern cooldown is a 24 hour cooldown. I experimented with this with our local reviewing group several times over the past couple of years to a fault. At base refers to a Wayfinder with a "Fair" rating, or just average. If someone's status is good, it is halved, and if great, halved again.

So the cooldown times (hours) are = 1/2/4/? for speed, 6/12/24/? for patterns.

I haven't had anyone test the cooldown duration when they were at poor rating, but this is my understanding as far as I know. This is even more noticeable when you might do "just one review" in the first session and automatically get a 6 hour cooldown, that's because it matches the pattern of one's previous reviews which aren't bound by time.

I've had a few rounds of nominations where the review was simply all yes. After getting cooldowns twice of this, I've learned with this new review system to mix it up with a couple of "I don't know"s to vary the pattern to avoid the cooldown. IDK's are treated as 3-stars.

I don't think the system has changed robustly enough since my tests in April 2022, one might need to look into it.

Exactly, I can't help reviewing in a pattern when you give me the same items/nominations for 6 in a row. I'll test it out by adding in some i don't knows.

• AshlyJem-INGAshlyJem-ING Posts: 53 ✭✭

@ZombieZebra3-PGO & @AlexJ1373-PGO I totally agere!

We are getting hit with cooldowns because many of the POIs are trailmarkers and other similar POIs and since we can only make a 👍 or a 👎 reviews we can't make varied reviews and get hit again and again with cooldowns

I fear that we'll soon get hit with a total lockout from reviewing POIs

Please @NianticAaron and other Niantic workers take somekind of action so we won't lose our ability to make reviews because of this new 👍 or 👎 review system

So we shall lie and make IDKs votings even when we know it should be a 👍 or a 👎

Does Niantic really want us to lie? No

Do Niantic force us to lie with this new setup? Yes

These are your words, not mine. Opinions are not a matter of lying, voting is a naturally grey area.

Just putting out what works for me and what I've observed, 'less cooldowns are your cup 'o tea.

I tried that. Adding in an IDK every so often but still received a cool down, still took my time with approving one thumbs up at a time, checking randomly yes or no on the what is it, just got a cool down after about 30 minutes of reviewing

• allypoo-PGOallypoo-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November 6

I got hit with a cool down after marking three consecutive ”playfield” stops as duplicates. Each had literally copied the exact photos and/or descriptions from stops elsewhere in each park and was a legitimate dupe. I read on here that it helps to wait a minute or two between clicking submit, but that doesn’t seem to help much…

All I want is enough points to get my 2-month-old submission upgraded so it’s out of the queue and into voting, but it’s difficult when the system is this strict on rejections!

• ashawn9527-INGashawn9527-ING Posts: 2 ✭✭

I just posted a comment and suddenly it went into a 12 hour cooldown.

I don't know how to continue commenting at all.

Today I got hit with two 6-hour cooldowns. My advice to put question marks on recurring good nominations was trash. Or maybe I just put too many question marks everywhere.

• Xaerfaal-PGOXaerfaal-PGO Posts: 77 ✭✭✭

How are we supposed to make our reviews varied when you give us a thumbs up, thumbs down, and a I Don't Know?

Seems like they did not adjust the programming for this new system.

Is this why I haven't gotten any approvals or rejections since the new system was implemented? Everyone is getting timed out, therefore everyone review less approvals/rejections as a result.

Either way, it's frustrating.

• MSausS-PGOMSausS-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭

I today got a time out of 6 hours due to "vote pattern". This was the first review since a couple of days. All I can say is they gave me similar proposals (like playgrounds and chapels) and I voted similar. They call it a vote pattern. How can I rate differently if the proposals are not different? This is just annoying and I will not longer waste my time for reviewing anymore.

• 0mAndy-ING0mAndy-ING Posts: 34 ✭✭

@NianticAaron i seldom have cooldown. usually only when i review too fast. but with this new workflow, i got hit a cooldown every time

• AshlyJem-INGAshlyJem-ING Posts: 53 ✭✭

@0mAndy-ING I fear that Niantic is ignoring this problem since there's been no reply from them about this issue

• Mike58520-PGOMike58520-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭

I have the same issue getting a 6 hour cooldown every time I try to review. Yesterday morning I got the cool down after only 2 reviews so I don’t even see how that could have been any kind of suspicious pattern. With the thumbs up or down system it’s hard to vary my reviews but I don’t approve everything and I often check thumbs down for exercise if the location is indoors or something