Covered blinds on the building

There is a certain place in my town with artisanal ice creams. They are unique in the city and I thought to submit it as a nomination.

The problem is that when it is open there are people in the area (but they can not be in picture), and there is a staff at the ice cream dispensing window place itself.

Can photos be taken for the submission when the facility is closed (blinds are drawn on the windows)?

Comments

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,051 Ambassador

Does the photo even with the blinds down convey how it meets criteria?

You may also be able to just speak with the staff and ask if you can take a photo. Being upfront and saying why may help.

I have done the same with cafes and art galleries before.

• Maronzo-PGOMaronzo-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭

In my opinion, it definitely meets the criteria.

1) It is a place that a lot of locals visit

2) The food is unique (the ice creams have a variety of very specific flavors)

3) They are created with their own hands, and not delivered from a wholesaler like most places - this makes it unique

4) It's a place worth visiting (if anyone doesn't already know it)

5) The neighborhood encourages you to go there - there are a lot of benches with trees nearby - such a small park

While there might be a chance to get along with the staff, whenever I walk by there and the place is open there are quite a few customers, and asking a group of people to provide space for photography would be tactless. 

Maybe including such information (about the reason for the photo with the shutters closed) could help with the nomination? What do you think?

• Eneeoh-PGOEneeoh-PGO Posts: 652 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your challenge is to make sure your reviewers can be certain that the business is still functioning at that location even though the shutters are closed.

If your primary photo showed a close-up of the window but the staff's faces were turned away or obscured, and the secondary photo clearly showed the same window, shuttered, maybe?

Is it okay to fuzz-out faces or stick smileys in their place?

It seems like a hard sell and could require extra effort, but it may be possible.