Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Are farm markets valid hotspots?

I am tempted to say yes, but I am not sure how people feel about it. Maybe people see them as generic business?

Comments

• spiesr-INGspiesr-ING Posts: 265 ✭✭✭✭

It depends.

Where I'm from most farmers' markets are just a bunch of stalls set up in a parking lot on certain days, and thus are disqualified as temporary due to ceasing to physically exist.

• NorthSeaPoet-INGNorthSeaPoet-ING Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would personally say towards them being generic business, and in the event that the market is just some stalls set up once a week, I'd say temporary as well.

However, if there is plaque or an information board where the market is and gives some historic insight into the market, then I could see it being eligible.

• tehstone-Ambotehstone-Ambo Posts: 646 Ambassador

In my area many of the markets host other activities that would qualify as community gathering. However, many of them do not have any permanent indicators other than perhaps a few street signs so they'd likely be considered temporary.

Overall they're something that has to be judged individually.