And now I am reviewing incorrectly

Comments

• TampaAlligator-PGOTampaAlligator-PGO Posts: 54 ✭✭
    edited November 2023

Post edited by TampaAlligator-PGO on
  • cyndiepooh-INGcyndiepooh-ING Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    • lol i stand corrected. that is two non-supportive people. i would have loved to have been educated on why rejecting what we had been told to reject was wrong. but i was just told i had reviewed nominations incorrectly and to stop doing that. it took digging by the ambassadors to identify which nomination i had supposedly reviewed incorrectly, and i still don't know what constitutes "enough context to be approved." i would have loved having a definitive clarification on what qualifies under "popular restaurants."

• no worries for you about me "mass rejecting" any more nominations as i have retired. my agreements show more accepted than rejected, fwiw.
    edited November 2023

• 29andCounting-PGO29andCounting-PGO Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TenFortyOne-PGO just curious, why have you “have, unfortunately, had to reject loads of waypoints near my area, including some of which that I absolutely wish I did not have to”?

edited November 2023

edited November 2023

• Leedle95-PGOLeedle95-PGO Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭

I started to pull some of your quotes, but then realized that’s just silly. I dont want to argue, but encourage you to take a step back for a minute.

You had a difficult and frustrating experience, and we all get that. It’s time to remember though, these are just games and not worth the mental anguish your posts over the past few days have expressed.

There is a lot that is frustrating about wayfarer, and when the negative overshadows the positive, then maybe it’s not worth the effort. Niantic is a private company and can/will do what it wants. We can all try to make changes, but we low expectations in that area, given the company’s global reach….they’ve got a lot more to consider than just posts here.

That’s all. Just take care of yourself.

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,273 Ambassador

@TenFortyOne-PGO

Have you read and absorbed the guidelines of this forum?

https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/5/community-guidelines

In particular the bullet point to treat each other with respect.

A lot of the discussions in this forum are around differences in judgement calls and cultural nuances since this is a global forum. It is perfectly possible to discuss differences in opinion and raise concerns whilst being respectful. Please stop to consider before you post. It is not just the words but the overall tone.

I have found that the following act as good reminders - is it necessary, is it truthful, is it kind.

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,273 Ambassador

@cyndiepooh-ING your message has now appeared.

I appreciate how you are feeling. I had a substantial review break this year for 5 months, and have recently restarted. It was strange at first and I review at a tiny fraction of the volume you do. But personally I needed that space. I still was a wayfinder and helping others with my knowledge and experience is a positive aspect.

I hope you can feel welcome and valued here and can find your own way forward. Happy to support if you need it.

• UntoDawn-INGUntoDawn-ING Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited December 2023

But why can't you vote like that? Why can't you lean towards positivity and growth? Why do you have to go into this with the precognition of looking for what you can reject, rather than accept? You seem dangerous and unfair with that mentality and frankly that scares me. Been noticing that a lot on here and I was afraid to say anything because the last person who did got jumped on by the others who think and act similarly to you, and that's really, really bad.

I don't think this type of behavior and thinking is healthy or positive at all... we should all just be trying to help and make this as great of an experience as possible for everyone.

You letting you know, I agree with you. Just because there are some vocal people on this forum doesn’t mean they are the majority.

• Eneeoh-PGOEneeoh-PGO Posts: 650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, we are supposed to reject anything that meets any of the rejection criteria, OR anything that doesn't meet any acceptance criterion. I feel we ought to be rather charitable about acceptance, but a nomination is supposed to be either:

a )A great place to explore.

b) A great place to exercise.

c) A great place to be social.

So, if reviewers can see that at least one of these is true, or they can be persuaded by the submitting Wayfarer's text that it is so, it should be accepted. Some nominations don't seem to stand under any of the three points above.

I wouldn’t go so far as to call it “dangerous”, but many people review by what they “think” is the criteria. Niantic themselves don’t even know the criteria. And as I’ve heard so many times “it’s their database”. So people are trying to find ways to reject things because they don’t like it that thumbs down isn’t enough to sink a nomination. Well too bad. Niantic created the review process.

• TroIIfarer-INGTroIIfarer-ING Posts: 213 ✭✭✭✭

Its possible to have positivity and growth while still reviewing correctly

• tehstone-INGtehstone-ING Posts: 1,122 Ambassador

A lot of things simply should not be accepted. All time, rejections account for 35% of my agreements and many reviewers are fairly close to that. The language you're using here is quite strong considering the topic and you seem to share a quite common misconception that the primary purpose of all of this is to make more pokestops wayspots but it isn't. the purpose is to determine whether each nomination meets the criteria niantic has set out for what they want.

India might disagree with you.

That’s exactly the problem. Many reviewers have a higher standard than Niantic, and that makes no sense, it’s their database.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

So you are saying we should not have any standards whatsoever because a sponsored import had no standards. Otherwise, you would not keep bringing up the sponsored import when talking about eligibility.

• The26thDoctor-PGOThe26thDoctor-PGO Posts: 4,626 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are not sponsored.

India has just had McDonalds added as a sponsor. The India 4sq, if that's even where they are from, are not. They were added by Niantic onto the map. They directly effect Wayfarer in India. They will directly effect Wayfarer submissions, Wayfarer reviewers and the standard of Wayspots in India.

• The26thDoctor-PGOThe26thDoctor-PGO Posts: 4,626 ✭✭✭✭✭

Could you post details about how you know they are 4sq imports, who paid for them, how long they will last, how they will effect current and future submissions in India, please.

• Eneeoh-PGOEneeoh-PGO Posts: 650 ✭✭✭✭✭

An example of Wayfarers making rules beyond the actual instructions is the strong bias against restaurants, which can easily be great places to explore and socialize.

However, nothing about the guidelines says reviewers should or must accept things on the sole basis that they do not run counter to the rejection list. In fact, we are told not do this, but rather to assess how well they actually meet the acceptability criteria.

We're not supposed to accept plain street furniture, for example, even if we have seen it accepted before.

There is a lot of nuance that often gets lost. It is often missed even by the officials when they weigh-in on a controversial topic without due care.

We've never been instructed that we should rely on anything in the FourSquare intake as any kind of standard for anything. It seems to be a sort of b@st@rdized short-cut that somebody in a position of power has imposed on the database because he thinks it meets 'business interests.'

We are not supposed to use FourSquare as a model. In fact, they appear to be relying on the Wayfarer community to fix all of the photo, text, and location errors, while not honoring removal requests. It's a 'do as we say, not as we do' situation. It stinks, but that's how it is.