When a mural is no longer a mural
Title of the Wayspot: Girders at 100K
City: Washington, DC
Screenshot of the Rejection Email:
Photos to support your claim:
1) Map with portal (this view does not show the building that was erected in 2021!) [LINK Google Maps]
2) Satellite View with portal (showing the new building) [LINK Hybrid]
3) Google-Earth (ish) zoom (showing that there is no space between buildings [LINK]
4) Street View [LINK]
From the the vantage of L St NE, pointing due SOUTH. (Note the history and see Additional Comments below).
- I originally created this portal in 2019 when 100K was the only building on the block.
- As shown in photo #4, the mural was visible in July 2019 when there was nothing next door, but by October 2021, there was new construction that made this mural irrelevant.
- As shown in photo #3, there is no space between the buildings, making this public art work no longer public (if it exists at all!)